Thread: Suggested Free Php Hosts?

chalkmongoose
    God this stinks. I've ran through the full gamut of free php hosts, and they all suck eggs. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Use Lycos Tripod, PHP pages do not tend to generate ads or pop-ups but of course you can always block the ads with the HTML tricks, mentioned on several websites. And how exactly does this relate to development of KaZaA Lite K++? KaZaA itself has been developed in VC++, so I think you better off at the Software World for a post like this , next time, think before you post.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by Amarjit@11 August 2003 - 14:59
    And how exactly does this relate to development of KaZaA Lite K++? KaZaA itself has been developed in VC++, so I think you better off at the Software World for a post like this <_<, next time, think before you post.
    Topic moved :)

BOT

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Best free host = your computer.

Seriously, unlimited SQL databases... etc.

But if you wanna show your page to other people you better pay for hosting... or make your own public server.

Just install Apache and place all your stuff into the PUBLIC folder in php/www/

Then set permissions to let everyone READ the stuff... i forget how, search Google. Then, of course, your server will probably be really slow, but if your site&#39;s not intended for a large audience, it should be just fine. If it is, then just pay for hosting... you can get really great deals nowadays, like &#036;5 per month for 300 megs and other good stuff...

The other good solution is make friends with someone who has an actual server, and get hosted... but fat chance.