Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How "Private" is Demonoid?

weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    it could be more private especialy since any jibroni can print up any amount of invites to give
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    As private as Mininova

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    demonoid is not that private, especially these days, but it has stuff that you can't find anywhere else.I never had trouble about it...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    yacine911's Avatar Poster
    demonoid is the best tracker ever it doesn't mater if his a privat or public i'm downloading from demonoid since 2004 i'v never had a problem and you can find any thing on it that you can't find them in the best privat tracker
    I`m against piracy... so please don`t attack ships !

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    uploading on demanoid = letter from your ISP

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Demonoid is great, but definitely not private.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Demonoid (semi-private tracker, because of the invite system and because of sharing some torrents with the public trackers) have some stuff that you can't find on some high level trackers, but he lacks the speed, the seed and faster access to the new releases.

Example: Recently i wanted to watch all five sequels of the movie "The Prophecy" and only Demonoid had all of them. At this moment, Demoniod was tracker level 10 for me, because they had what i was looking for. I was looking for this sequels at so many high level trackers, but they just didn't had them all. The average download speed on Demonoid for these movies was about 20 kB/s, but eventually my goal was achieved.

I like Demonoid.
    Last edited by Alienviroment; 04-30-2008 at 02:32 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    It's public. Use to be more semi private about a 2 years ago. I would just use both Peer Guardian and IP Filter in uTorrent. You'll never be 100% safe though.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I remember reading about people getting notes from their ISP's because of an HBO show that people got from Demonoid, but that was a TV rip of an episode. I can't imagine DVD rips of Curb to be much of a risk.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TidusBlade View Post
    Well, PeerGuardian does maybe abit, but I think it's only for Paranoid people, if your afraid of getting caught then don't torrent.
    But yeah you would be safe, I mean theres tens of millions downloading torrents, and only a few actually get caught, no reason to be scared, download all the DVDR ISO's you want
    LOL. Well strangely enough, overjoyed as I was when I saw Demoniod was back up...I got an email from my ISP about "evidence" of breach of copyright - for some lecture series in the audiobook section...the very first Demonoid torrent I downloaded since it upped again.

Sigh....that's despite peerguardian, encryption etc...back off to the private trackers for me!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast