Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How "Private" is Demonoid?

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SideShowBob View Post
    It just has gr8 choice and the reviews are generally trustworthy. If your paranoid seed less controversial stuff to keep your ratio up.
    great job.
    Epic Bump indeed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Public enough to make you say "Oh shit..I knew I should have went after those High-level trackers" when the ISP warning letters come to your house

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    You kidding? Demanoid is one of the most secure trackers out there, I always download all my files from Demanoid and off my home connection too. [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Benjamin; 06-06-2009 at 04:50 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Demanoid is not safe at all. That's not what a Riaa employee/ex torrenter was telling me the other day

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxx View Post
    all intensive purposes
    All intents and purposes. If you can't bother to find out if the saying you're using is actually correct, then you ought not use it. Better yet, abandon language entirely and regress to pointing and grunting.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    It's virtually a public tracker but as long as you stay away from high profile stuff, ie. Cams or screeners of just released movies, you'll be find. I personally still like using demonoid to find movies and music that I can't find any else.
    See ya in another life, brother.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    The site may be semi-public, with all the security related problems that may (or may not) cause for the user, but one thing is for sure: The tracker itself, being hosted in Ukraine, is much safer than most of the so called "high level trackers".

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    There be dragons!

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Half the stuff on there is tracked from h33t or Pirate Bay but still useful .

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    electricity in Ukraine?

NO WAY
    You didn't have to now did you?

but demonoid isn't going to go away.That tracker has got a life of it own so to speak.
    I don't think there is any other private tracker that can survive under the conditions that demonoid thrives in.Its almost inspiring
    Its big,in essence ratioless,no minimum seed time,plenty of anti-piracy organisations lurk therein and there is no tracker support but inspite of all the above people still find it in them to share and share till when they can't(a torrent that i upped almost 2 years ago is still being seeded).

Guys still donate as much as there aren't any significant benefits that come with that(i once heard of someone gifting the tracker with $5000)so it just goes to show the calibre of people that this alleged BT "ghetto" harbors.

As a tracker i will agree that demonoid is barely perfect but for its members i give it an easy AAA.It has arguably some of the best torrenters in BT.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast