Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: what lower trackers do you rate highly?

I will say revtt is the most underestimated tracker .

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i think that tvtorrents.com is underrated, it has a great content, the speeds aren't bad, the design of the tracker is bad but is the best tv tracker whit open sign ups

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    TPB, the best level 0 tracker.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Make fun of me if you want, But I would say Demonoid, FunFile & Bitsoup. You can find older stuff on these sites that isn't available on most higher level trackers.
    And dunson, as far as security goes, If " The Man" really wants to bust your ass It's gonna happen, weather It be a low or high level site. In my book If you are going to worry too much about It, you should quit the torrent game. Just my opinion.
    Uh, the fact is the whole site was hacked at least once or twice, with an admins account getting taken over and their email system compromised...

They let in hundreds of new people a day....

To compare, my new 0day site has about 1 percent of the number of members + security measures.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Which site do you mean? Not Demonoid, I know that for sure (It was shut down voluntarily and was never hacked). I don't know about the other two. All I'm saying is, any site can be hacked If someone with the skills and the will puts their mind to it (FTN for example), and if the "aa's" want to take a site down bad enough, they almost certainly will. Look at Oink. No site is completely secure.
    Last edited by teflon05; 04-27-2008 at 03:32 PM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Which site do you mean? Not Demonoid, I know that for sure (It was shut down voluntarily and was never hacked). I don't know about the other two. All I'm saying is, any site can be hacked If someone with the skills and the will puts their mind to it (FTN for example), and if the "aa's" want to take a site down bad enough, they almost certainly will. Look at Oink. No site is completely secure.
    BitSoup was hacked not long ago...

I don't like that and the lack of anonymous mode. Especially for uploaded torrents...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    BitSoup was hacked not long ago...

I don't like that and the lack of anonymous mode. Especially for uploaded torrents...
    Yes, I agree that lower level & public sites are less secure than private sites, especially for uploading. Out of the three, Demonoid is the only one I have actually uploaded my own stuff to. But if you only use them for the occasional hard-to-find file, I think they are pretty good.
    Also, for those type of sites I use throw away emails that I don't use for anything else. I know that doesn't protect you as far as ip addresses are concerned, but most of the things I download from these site are older, more obscure things that more than likely are off the aa's radar.
    I guess what I'm saying is that both public/lower level sites & the higher level private sites have their pro's & con's, but If I want or need something I don't usually let security worries stop me. I might pay for it someday, but I'll deal with that when and if the time comes.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Torrentbytes gets my vote.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Leecherslair
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/usersig/sigpic196251_2.gif

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    BitTorrents.ro

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast