Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed2k - Preview -

Poster
    just wondering if you can preview the files you are downloading from edonkey2k ? ?? ....

and if there is a way to download fast from it because im on dialup and i got told if i ahre more stuff i download quicker, but i shared my 16gb+ of mp3's and it took a fkn long time to analyze it all, but im still downloading at about 0.8k and 1.4kb if im lucky. i dont really care bout that, but i really wanna know how to preview the files you download ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    try right clicking the file and preview.

videolan is also excellent for previewing your files. i just cant remember which file you have to open with it.

i think its called a part file in your temp directory.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    when i right click it doesnt say preview. do i have to download that program u posted so preview comes up ?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    no its a seperate program that can be used to preview the temp files that edonkey should be making.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    ooh awesome dude, thnx for the help.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    also is there a site with verified ed2k files ?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Umm... are you kidding ? www.sharereactor.com is by far the largest verifieds site of any network (in fact, i'm pretty sure it's bigger than all the biggest verifieds sites for all other networks put together)... i'm surprised you haven't heard of it.

As for previewing, one thing that's bad is that ed2k will download chunks from all over the file. So, you have almost no chance to get a normal video. Verifying files is useless with a preview in edonkey because ShareReactor has pretty much all the movies on the network...(check the forum if u can't find it on the site)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    oooh ok dude thanks, is this for edonkey only ? ? and also how come the people that have files on edonkey dont share them on kazaa ??

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    If you want to preview avi's from within emule without using additional software (like VideoLan or AviPreview) I recommend you change your settings in emule to let emule try to download the first and last chunks of files first.
    Find it under Preferences|Files

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    @Huuramis

Yeah, ShareReactor is a long-time donkey-only site... it also has an edonkey search engine, i think it's www.jigle.com ... but of course, the hashes work on Overnet too.

As for why edonkey files are often not shared on Kazaa, it's because hardcode edonkey users (with good servers) usually hate the FastTrack network. They're just being foolish if you ask me, but you can't deny that these guys can usually get any file real fast on edonkey. The thing that's generally wrong with them is that they don't even know the FastTrack also has a hashing system.

So, yeah, edonkey files aren't often shared on FastTrack by the 'gurus', but they are still shared. Besides, FastTrack isn't really good for archives due to the lack of a good ICH system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast