Thread: How to get "what.cd" Invite easily

raulinrodriguez's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ok i don't know if this has been posted here already but i see a lot of people asking for what.cd invites. Well if you really want one you could just get it yourself since they have OPEN registrations. To get an invite do this

You want a a What.CD Invite, and have IRC, then that invite is easily accessible, with a bit of knowledge of transcodes and audio codecs First, you open up your IRC client, and join the following:

Server: irc.what.cd
    Channel: #what.cd-invites

(A very easy to use IRC client for firefox users is the "Chatzilla" Firefox add-on, although, most use mIRC, which is more customizable etcetera.

Then you enter the following command: "!queue", and you will be automatically entered into a waiting list, to be interviewed by a what.cd VIP regarding why you want to be a member, your connection and your knowledge about audio codecs, proper uploading, trans codes etcetera. The wait is averaged at 110 minutes, I know a long time, but worth it if you love music, and truly want to be a what.cd member. The interview is fairly easy.

If you fail the quiz (which is very unlikely) you are aloud to re-take it at a later date
    Last edited by raulinrodriguez; 04-27-2008 at 11:03 PM.
    Looking For ScT Invite
    IF anyone has an extra 1 I would really appreciate it

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    ..usually interviews are taking places starting at 6gmt, so it's better to enter into a waiting list earlier.
    and last what i heard - they asked for proofs so get your screenshots ready

..ps thanks to oorza for interviewing me - i'm definitely not the last user there atm

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    i know a lot of people want what.cd but when you actually get it don't start downloading. I have 2 days trying to find something to upload or just something to buffer my ratio. I haven't found anything.

oh yeah and make sure you atleast know what FLAC is and know how to rip cd's. And like the other guy said they are asking for ratio proofs. They are gonna ask you these two questions also.

what do you have to contribute?
    what do you hope to get from this site?

So that should help you guys a little bit on your journey to getting the what.cd invite.
    Looking For ScT Invite

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I repped you cause you seem to want to help, but please, don't put "rep me" in future posts, it is lame.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    you shouldn't ask for rep for passing on someone elses information..

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    hangemhigh's Avatar semi retired BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    T.S.O.L. for new FST Detective..
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=146759&dateline=1186088996

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    sorry Det T.S.OL won't happen again (:
    Looking For ScT Invite

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    They used to allow anyone to "interview" but it's just VIP's and staff now.