Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrents Resetting Computer

Poster
    Every once in a while I'll get a random torrent that keeps resetting my computer. Once it's finished and it just seeds it's fine but the whole time I'm downloading it'll constantly reset the computer. It's not every torrent and I can't figure out what they have in common. They don't even have to be from the same tracker. It hasn't happened in a while but one I got right now is really pissing me off. After my last reset all my bookmarks in Firefox were deleted somehow. Not sure if it's related but a convenient coincidence. Any help is appreciated thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    i assume you use Windows? what client?
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    Azureus 2.5.0.4

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Try uTorrent..

That's all I can say to help..

Never happened t me before..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SceneLOL's Avatar Hi. BT Rep: +1
    In which tracker is this happening to you?

I remember a close friend of mine had this problem sometimes torrents are too big in size and have lots of peers connected it causes windows to crash.

But you should give us more details.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Right now it's one from tvtorrents, last weeks survivor. It's only about 350mb. This isn't the only place I've had it happen from though. I've had it happen from many other trackers both public and private. This one happens to be the most irritating though cause I can't download squat. The seeders right now number to over 200 but I've downloaded with seeders well over 1000 before.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    ddos..probably-big tv nite.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Limit your download speed. 75-80% of the max might do it. Maybe. Reseting your computer = a bit vague.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Reseting your computer = a bit vague.
    Sorry but that's what happens. It'll start downloading the file(s) and next thing I know, doesn't matter what I'm doing even doing nothing, the computer just resets. Just Azureus and that one torrent file, whatever it is. I can stop downloading and I can even activate another torrent but I turn that one back on and eventually the computer will reset.

Limit your download speed. 75-80% of the max might do it. Maybe.
    It didn't work. At this point I think I'm just going to get it from another tracker.
    Last edited by zed; 04-28-2008 at 05:10 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Limit your download speed. 75-80% of the max might do it. Maybe. Reseting your computer = a bit vague.
    What do you mean by resetting: restart?, What are the setting that got reset?

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast