Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help BCG account disabled

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    now i understand the poll on the main page... it has logic.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by raulinrodriguez View Post
    why partially seed on BCG anyway. Its really simple to seed on BCG specially the last few days with mario kart for wii and gta. I joined about a week ago and i already have a 140 gb up to a 24 gb download ratio. BCG ROCKS
    So why overseed?

For the very same reasons that have been stated, there is no need to go over 1:1 at BCG, indeed you make it more difficult for others to get off their current torrent to grab another one as they have to use to SP system to move on, you have prevented many others from getting 1:1 by just seeding alone.

Think about it.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    raulinrodriguez's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    So why overseed?

For the very same reasons that have been stated, there is no need to go over 1:1 at BCG, indeed you make it more difficult for others to get off their current torrent to grab another one as they have to use to SP system to move on, you have prevented many others from getting 1:1 by just seeding alone.

Think about it.
    i understand what you are saying. But i have only been with BCG for about a week and atleast every day i see atleast 2 torrents with 1 seed and 20 + leechers which are great to upload. The thing is people just want to download want to download games that they are actually gonna use. Me on the other hand just started downloading what ever i saw was gonna get help me get my ratio up. So i just downloaded games that i have never even heard of or even plan on playing but just put em to download because i know am gonna get a ratio higher than 1:1 on it. But thats just my take.
    Looking For ScT Invite
    IF anyone has an extra 1 I would really appreciate it

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    k well i have to be careful here obviously lol

But you get promoted to SPU @ 2.05 ratio, 12 weeks, 15 completed torrents in your history and 100 gig uploaded.

We also have a strict hit and run policy like i have already mentioned.

So whats the point in having a ratio of 20-700 (unless your an uploader uploading a lot of 0day scene).

Also whats the point in being a member of a tracker, not using it to download things you want. and only downloading for a good global ratio.

I am not getting at you or anyone else here, i just cant see the point. use the tracker for what its there for, downloading games you want to play, does not matter if its newly uploaded, or has been on the tracker for a year or more. as with SP you will get a 1 ratio anyway, even if no leechers show up for another year.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    So why overseed?

Think about it.
    i understand what you are saying. But i have only been with BCG for about a week and atleast every day i see atleast 2 torrents with 1 seed and 20 + leechers which are great to upload. The thing is people just want to download want to download games that they are actually gonna use. Me on the other hand just started downloading what ever i saw was gonna get help me get my ratio up. So i just downloaded games that i have never even heard of or even plan on playing but just put em to download because i know am gonna get a ratio higher than 1:1 on it. But thats just my take.
    That's even worse than overseeding, and for you to admit that in public is an astoundingly naive way to becoming a good member for that site. Ratio means nothing there, nothing whatsoever and you are preventing those on slower connections from achieving 1:1 and all for what?

There is NO reason whatsoever to increase your e-penis size at BCG, it took me a while to figure out the damage overseeding does, and I hope you can go away and learn sooner than I did that what you are doing does no-one any favours, 1:1.5 should be the optimal ratio for anyone, and even sites that have ratio requirements at 3 for some promotion requirements should really reconsider what they are actually asking members to do.

Please, I urge you to reconsider your actions, especially there.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    raulinrodriguez's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    well i totally understand what you are saying about people with slower connections since am one of those people. I rented a seedbox this month just to get my ratios high enough where i would'int even have to worry about the ratios. My overseeding lol ends in a 2 weeks since i only rented it for a month and can't afford to go over it.
    Looking For ScT Invite
    IF anyone has an extra 1 I would really appreciate it

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    stoi's approach to the ratio system is a fresh breeze in the torrenting world.

the goal there is: get what u want and what u need, no matter if there are (or will be) any leechers. But then seed enough time to allow for others to come and also grab old stuff.
    ratio there means shit, but if u are over 1.0 it doesn't matter if u plan to use your buffer to HnR in another torrent, as that simply is not possible. So, actually having a buffer there means shit, you won't use it for anything. it will just grow and grow, as u can't leave any torrent before 1.0.

So do not overseed, u are damaging other people who want to achieve their 1.0 to finish their torrent. And creating a buffer in such conditions, what's the point in it?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well i do think part of the problem and i am putting my hands up here, is we still have a ratio system.

But a No ratio system shouts at most users, Freeleech, which i do not agree with at all.

Most members realise that a high ratio is really hard to keep, if you download a lot, even SPU and PU is hard if you have downloaded 500gig.

But on the other hand, not every member will be downloading and uploading exactly the same torrents. imo Global ratio has never worked, but neither does getting rid of global ratio either.

OK if your a closed, tight nit community, that only get members that are "supposed" to know what no ratio means, then it may work 90% of the time, but we are open, and no offence to Noobs here, but they come from using just public trackers, see no ratio, think No ratio cool, and continue on from their public trackers mentality.

There is no 100% proper way to do it, there may be in the future, but atm you will always get those that hit and run, and always get those that over seed for whatever reason. so the SP system was a good middle ground, i wouldnt say it was perfect, if it was we could never improve it, and we are always looking at new ideas to improve it, so it cant be perfect.

anyway im babbling lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Honestly I agree with you Stoi I think it's great that FTN has no ratio but I myself tend to seed 150-200% if I can but as we all know most people suck ass and don't do this.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    So i just downloaded games that i have never even heard of or even plan on playing but just put em to download because i know am gonna get a ratio higher than 1:1 on it. But thats just my take.
    But there is absolutely no reason to do this on BCG. I wish more sites would incorporate this SP mod. Since I have to do what you do on most 0day sites just to get a buffer.

If you would have read the faq, then you would have learned that you can get a 1:1 ratio on EVERY single torrent on the site, as long as you keep it active. After 72 hrs. of activeness(I believe?) then the SP mod will kick in. There was no reason to jump on all the newly upped games and only partially download them.

Download whatever game you want to play. As long as you keep it active, you will break even on it. That's the beauty of this site. You find a game that is a couple years old, with a few seeders and no leechers and you must have it, then you have that piece of mind knowing that you will get a 1:1 ratio on it.

I really do hope you can get back in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast