Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help BCG account disabled

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    raulinrodriguez

is not banned, 2 other members on the first page are. but they have not PMed me yet, so cant check their accounts to see whats happened.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    raulinrodriguez

is not banned, 2 other members on the first page are. but they have not PMed me yet, so cant check their accounts to see whats happened.
    PM sent, thanks in advance for your time on this...

Baby On The Way OMFG !

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I'm with stoi opinion
    bcg SP its great
    although I have my seedbox I tried the SP system 2 times with my IS connection and believe me it works great even if you have slow one.
    in the worst case I had to seed the torrent for 5 days maybe less, so agree with me that seeding torrent for 4-5 days its fair enough.
    so as stoi said
    why partial download??
    Last edited by BlueLabel; 04-30-2008 at 03:52 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    thedemon44's Avatar Poster
    Lesson of the day: READ THE RULES.

Even a quick browse through them is usually enough to educate you about the sites policies.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

There is NO reason whatsoever to increase your e-penis size at BCG, it took me a while to figure out the damage overseeding does, and I hope you can go away and learn sooner than I did that what you are doing does no-one any favours, 1:1.5 should be the optimal ratio for anyone, and even sites that have ratio requirements at 3 for some promotion requirements should really reconsider what they are actually asking members to do.
    I grabbed mario kart wii too from bcg and i immediately turned off the seeding as soon i finished the download but by then i had upped 147gb.

If everyone starts eyeing 1-2 overall ratio then swarm speed will suck big time for any torrent.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    are you talking about the whatsup release?

then thats understandable, as he was the only seed and was not seeding from a seedbox, and was giving it 115KBs max. so if you were uploading with a sb on it then i suppose a ratio of that much can be forgiving, because it did take you awhile to download.

Its when we get scene releases, a 100mbit/1gbit uploader, uploads it, and 20 others with SB jump on to help him out seeding it just to increase their global ratio. or just download it, to get a bigger global ratio.

Everything has a knock on effect, hence the creation of the SP system which does nulify it a little bit, but im sure most members that have not got seedboxes, would prefer to get to a 1 or more ratio with uploading, and not having to wait on SP.

but its a catch 22. get rid of the SB users, slow downloads, but high ratios for a lot more members. keep the sb users, fast downloads for everyone, but a lot of members cant get a 1 ratio with just uploading alone.

this is one of the reasons we are opening up though. before a new torrent would last 3 days, it wouldnt quite die but there would be 1000 seeders and 50 leechers, hopefully with opening up, the leechers will keep coming and jumping on it, so those with the SB will move onto something else, and those that want to seed it for longer, will have a chance to upload to leechers and not have to rely on the SP mod, but only time will tell on that one.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Ok I found it was because after I said not to partial seed i started a download then cancelled because speeds were too low lol

Now I gotta download everything I ever partial seeded and do the 72 hour thing -_-

Stoi you should make it clear in the rules and FAQ strictly not to partial seed as people do it on so many trackers they may not assume just because there is an SP system it will cause problems, yeah an SP system is good for keeping a good ratio with people who can not upload at fast speeds but people will assume people prefer to complete their downoad quicker which is why they partial seed

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    are you talking about the whatsup release?

then thats understandable, as he was the only seed and was not seeding from a seedbox, and was giving it 115KBs max. so if you were uploading with a sb on it then i suppose a ratio of that much can be forgiving, because it did take you awhile to download.

Its when we get scene releases, a 100mbit/1gbit uploader, uploads it, and 20 others with SB jump on to help him out seeding it just to increase their global ratio. or just download it, to get a bigger global ratio.

Everything has a knock on effect, hence the creation of the SP system which does nulify it a little bit, but im sure most members that have not got seedboxes, would prefer to get to a 1 or more ratio with uploading, and not having to wait on SP.
    Yes it was whatsup release. Everything has pros and cons. I personally think that speeds are the 2nd most important factor after content for any torrent site. If i dont get good speeds from bcg, i will probably grab my stuff from elsewhere. At bcg it is quite easy to seed and speeds are normally quite good so it is a nice balance and i would never cuss users with seedboxes.

Anyway you said it all, i just expressed samething in different way. Extreme overseeding is a problem but having ratio 4-5 isn't embarrasing thing for me lol.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesh View Post
    Ok I found it was because after I said not to partial seed i started a download then cancelled because speeds were too low lol

Now I gotta download everything I ever partial seeded and do the 72 hour thing -_-

Stoi you should make it clear in the rules and FAQ strictly not to partial seed as people do it on so many trackers they may not assume just because there is an SP system it will cause problems, yeah an SP system is good for keeping a good ratio with people who can not upload at fast speeds but people will assume people prefer to complete their downoad quicker which is why they partial seed
    come on, even the poor computer have 120 giga less
    so seeding torrent that mostly 4-5 giga for 3-5 days aint gone kill somebody, so people who dont have sb can use it too without worry their space.
    no need in partial download.
    but yes I think its should be in the rules too if its not there already

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    It is in the rules now not to partial leech but when I first signed up I didnt see it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234