Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help BCG account disabled

TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Well, you can use the staffbox, theres a link for it on the navigation bar on the right, at the bottom I think, should say "Staff". It's not always stoi, but you should get a quick reply, also try the #help channel on their IRC, usually a quick answer if staff are around

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    I've spoke to the person who invited me and they've spoke to the BCG's staff and apparently my account was disabled for building up my ratio a little by chunk seeding.

I do this on most trackers when I first sign up and have never had a problem with it, even check the irc channel every now and again to make sure hit and runs weren't the bot always reported "perfect record" or whatever it is.

Still haven't been able to speak with anyone myself to see if I can get my account back, it's not looking very promising though

Baby On The Way OMFG !

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Aerozin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    what is chunk seeding?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    I think he means partial seeding, since it kind of disrupts the whole seeding system there and also is kind of frowned upon, also I think it's a way to abuse the Hit and Runs system...

If you promise you'll download everything back and use SP to seed it back, you should be able to get back your account

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I spoke to the adminsistator (Ciron) about partial seeding a few months ago and I agreed to stop

So why ban me now ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Yeah I was only seeding 50 or 100Mb sections of wii & 360 torrents I'd probably have between 50 & 100gb to download and seed back, seeding them back with the use the SP system there is easy but I don't think iI can be bothered using up all my own bandwidth or the seedboxes drivespace, I only really needed it for DS games anyway and I can get them elsewhere.

Still a pity though as the BCG forums & community was really good.

Oh well a lesson learned

Baby On The Way OMFG !

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok, Partial seeding, is to make a buffer, but why buffer when you cant hit and run, it doesnt make sense.

it also looks like a cheat as well, its a classic cheat method, so if you do it honestly you can get tarred with the same brush.

and if all you wanted was DS games, then 4 torrents would have done it 0001-0500, 501-1000, 1001-1500 1501-2000 (then maybe a few more to get you up to the latest)

I can understand how buffering yout account with partial seeding is a must do on some other sites, but not on BCG, there is just no need of it.

BTW if you both PM me your usernames i will have a look at your accounts but im not promising anything.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    stoi,
    you ask, why buffer when you can't hit and run. I'll try to explain.
    Global ratio isn't as important as torrent ratio, but, if your global ratio is too low for too long, you can get warn'd/ban'd (most sites anyway). Buffering will help keep your global high enough that you can dl the bigger packs and have the time to seed them back, without worrying about your ratio in the process.

Thats how I look at it anyway, and its the method I use at sites like bitmetv, where good things are often over a few GB...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well i did say i understand why its done on other sites, but with our SP mod, there is really no need for it, and it totally screws up the SP for the seeders as well, thats why its frowned upon on BCG.

And why 99% of the "packs" are completely multi rared into 1 so members cant partial seed, or shouldnt partial seed anyway.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    raulinrodriguez's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    why partially seed on BCG anyway. Its really simple to seed on BCG specially the last few days with mario kart for wii and gta. I joined about a week ago and i already have a 140 gb up to a 24 gb download ratio. BCG ROCKS
    Looking For ScT Invite
    IF anyone has an extra 1 I would really appreciate it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast