Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help breaking into scene

puffykilled2pa
    Hi, I've been using torrents from public trackers like mininova and stuff, and was wondering how one gets into a better scene. I'm at a college campus and am able to seed and d/l at good speeds. I'm willing to seed to a 3:1 average. I have a server here at my campus where I share movies, television shows, and games, so these are the trackers i'm trying to get a part of. Seems like the ones I know of like black-cats are impossible to get into.

And no I'm not trying to get an invite, just wondering how I can break into a better torrent scene, I'm sick of my downloads going 15-30k when I could pull downs megs a second. Please help a newb

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Check out the stickies.
    See ya in another life, brother.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Check out the stickies.
    Specifically sites open thread.

Did I see BCG are open?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think you've found your doorway to the torrent scene. Stick around here and learn about trackers and join where you can.

I like your username, so if you want a Demonoid invite just pm me.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Advice, be a good member here for the 30 days and then you can get into the BT invites area people will give you invites Im sure

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Well if you want good free trackers, try aradi or midnight torrents...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    TDC ***** BT Rep: +3
    Detale is right.

Also, don't take the easiest way to get what you want. I am not a big fan of trading. Everything you want you can be got without trading, just takes time, patience, and getting to know a few good people.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ramishka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Be active in the bittorrent section (not the invites section) for a while and the torrent scene will come to you.

Also check the open signups thread. Good ones to with start with which are currently open are:
    http://www.wild-bytes.org/signup1.php
    www.arenabg.com
    http://bittorrents.ro/signup.php

And there are many more.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by puffykilled2pa View Post
    Hi, I've been using torrents from public trackers like mininova and stuff, and was wondering how one gets into a better scene. I'm at a college campus and am able to seed and d/l at good speeds. I'm willing to seed to a 3:1 average. I have a server here at my campus where I share movies, television shows, and games, so these are the trackers i'm trying to get a part of. Seems like the ones I know of like black-cats are impossible to get into.

And no I'm not trying to get an invite, just wondering how I can break into a better torrent scene, I'm sick of my downloads going 15-30k when I could pull downs megs a second. Please help a newb
    I think this is what you're looking for. Give that a thorough look so you know what you're interested in when your 30 days is up.

yo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast