Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stairway to heaven

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I love the song but not even the greatest by Led zeppelin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9yIT0k3T_g

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Yes it is, at least he's right in that.

Whole lotta love is OK but , for a jingle.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9yIT0k3T_g
    doesnt even come close to achilles last stand

4. Lounge   -   #14
    [youtube]-ArWLI908i4[/youtube]

5. Lounge   -   #15
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Stairway To Heaven is fucking shite.

I hate that song and I have to leave the room when it comes on. I have a morbid fear of off switches.

Otherwise, Led Zepp rawk.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Stand by my choice -personal taste and all.
    As for Stairway being Zeppelin's best,well this article points to what the lads themselves thought about it.

A number of hurdles have gotten in the way of a Led Zeppelin reunion - little things like ego, money, management, solo projects, and, oh, the death of drummer John Bonham a quarter-century ago.
    But one problem was a bit embarrassing. The band figured that if it did go out under the name Led Zeppelin, it would have to revive Stairway to Heaven, arguably their most popular song, a tune that topped many "best-of" rock-song polls for decades.
    The problem: Lyrics written by a pot-smoking Robert Plant in a British farmhouse at age 23 were just a bit too silly for a grown man (now 57) to belt out onstage night after night. Rumor has it that Plant was damned if he was going to stand in front of a sea of people to sing lyrics like "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow / don't be alarmed now / it's just a spring clean for the May Queen."
    Despite nine-figure offers, the Led Zeppelin reunion tour has never happened. Plant and Zep guitarist Jimmy Page went out for a couple of Page/Plant tours in the '90s. But those tours avoided Stairway altogether except for one inexplicable appearance on Japanese TV, where they did a short acoustic version. The rumor among Zep fans is Plant lost a bet (Page has always loved the song). The duo never once performed it before a paying audience.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Exactly, Jimmy Page was Led Zep, so if he loved it then that's the definitive opinion for the band.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    zomg 4 stars

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Stand by my choice -personal taste and all.
    As for Stairway being Zeppelin's best,well this article points to what the lads themselves thought about it.

A number of hurdles have gotten in the way of a Led Zeppelin reunion - little things like ego, money, management, solo projects, and, oh, the death of drummer John Bonham a quarter-century ago.
    But one problem was a bit embarrassing. The band figured that if it did go out under the name Led Zeppelin, it would have to revive Stairway to Heaven, arguably their most popular song, a tune that topped many "best-of" rock-song polls for decades.
    The problem: Lyrics written by a pot-smoking Robert Plant in a British farmhouse at age 23 were just a bit too silly for a grown man (now 57) to belt out onstage night after night. Rumor has it that Plant was damned if he was going to stand in front of a sea of people to sing lyrics like "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow / don't be alarmed now / it's just a spring clean for the May Queen."
    Despite nine-figure offers, the Led Zeppelin reunion tour has never happened. Plant and Zep guitarist Jimmy Page went out for a couple of Page/Plant tours in the '90s. But those tours avoided Stairway altogether except for one inexplicable appearance on Japanese TV, where they did a short acoustic version. The rumor among Zep fans is Plant lost a bet (Page has always loved the song). The duo never once performed it before a paying audience.

you have to hear that part backwards

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/stairway

10. Lounge   -   #20
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    wow..4 stars ..j-dye..u are the man

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast