Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 400

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

Departing from the barrel for a moment could I direct people to Eratosthenes a Greek scientist who lived in Alexandria around 200BC. He not only surmised the world was round but accurately calculated its circumference using markers in the ground to measure length of shadows at mid-day at two fixed points a few hundred miles apart. Clever chap.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #42
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

Departing from the barrel for a moment could I direct people to Eratosthenes a Greek scientist who lived in Alexandria around 200BC. He not only surmised the world was round but accurately calculated its circumference using markers in the ground to measure length of shadows at mid-day at two fixed points a few hundred miles apart. Clever chap.
    "His contemporaries nicknamed him "beta" (Greek for "number two") "

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Alright dude enough now, why are you being such a dick? I keep trying to be nice and you keep being an a55hole, have you nothing going on better in your life but to keep trying to put me down? I sincerely doubt you would repeatedly say such things if we ever met in person so stop being a fucking child about every little thing and grow the fuck up, seriously man turn the page here. Shit even Bo who seemingly hated me had a civil comment for me without stooping to your level, if you were a bit more clever than it would even be funny but this is just pathetic
    Detale I felt the same way about JP at one time but I found that I was misjudging him.I won't presume to speak for him but in my opinion I think it's all done in good fun.
    The British sensibility of what is appropriate appears to be quite different from yours or mine(if movies have taught me anything it's that they're all terribly screwed up by being tormented by older students in private schools) so if I was you I wouldn't be holding my breathe waiting for an apology.
    I can only add that I for one think that you deserve nothing but respect.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-09-2008 at 02:11 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Alright dude enough now, why are you being such a dick? I keep trying to be nice and you keep being an a55hole, have you nothing going on better in your life but to keep trying to put me down? I sincerely doubt you would repeatedly say such things if we ever met in person so stop being a fucking child about every little thing and grow the fuck up, seriously man turn the page here. Shit even Bo who seemingly hated me had a civil comment for me without stooping to your level, if you were a bit more clever than it would even be funny but this is just pathetic
    Which part of this is difficult. I think you're a prick and I really don't like you. Therefore I will ignore you most of the time.

However if you talk shite then I will point it out. Shite constitutes things like.

"Here's a picture of my newly born child, isn't he great oh and you're all fucking cunts."

"The Americans should help out in Ireland and get the English out."

Stuff like that. Don't take it personally tho' anyone else who talks that level of shite would get it too. It's just that other folk tend not to.

Oh and I can assure you I would also let you know in real life, however the chances of us mixing in the same circles are slim to none.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    ... so if I was you I wouldn't be holding my breathe waiting for an apology.
    I'm intrigued, an apology for what exactly.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I'm not asking for any kind of apology there's none needed. Actually I kind of lost it a bit in my last post sorry, had a bad day.

JP I freaking wish you would ignore me most of the time but almost every time I post there you are being a dick as usual. Again you act like you're 12 saying "I don't like you" yeah like I give a fuck. Also it was a girl and I said "Fuck the Lounge" thats my sense of humor that seemingly some people got,I tried to make amends and apologized if I offended anyone, but you somehow hold a grudge for it? As far as the USA "helping" Ireland Chalice was kind enough to correct me and give me a different point of view that I haven't yet heard, I again apologized for my unintentional ignorance, again you hold a grudge for that too. Wow dude put the keyboard down and step away from the computer, no wait I changed my mind, I want to thank you for being there to police Shit talking in the lounge really thank god you're here. What would gen pop do without you. matter of fact I'm gonna start the Church of JP

On a lighter side note JP I Just realized something I'm starting to like arguing with you. I have no dislike for you but I find myself laughing when I try and think of shit to say to you. I honestly can't tell if you get when I am joking or not so from now on keep in mind 99% of what I say is in a joking manner on that note Fuck You Jerkoff

6. Lounge   -   #46
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1

7. Lounge   -   #47
    I'm not asking for any kind of apology there's none needed. Actually I kind of lost it a bit in my last post sorry, had a bad day.

JP I freaking wish you would ignore me most of the time but almost every time I post there you are being a dick as usual. Again you act like you're 12 saying "I don't like you" yeah like I give a fuck. Also it was a girl and I said "Fuck the Lounge" thats my sense of humor that seemingly some people got,I tried to make amends and apologized if I offended anyone, but you somehow hold a grudge for it? As far as the USA "helping" Ireland Chalice was kind enough to correct me and give me a different point of view that I haven't yet heard, I again apologized for my unintentional ignorance, again you hold a grudge for that too. Wow dude put the keyboard down and step away from the computer, no wait I changed my mind, I want to thank you for being there to police Shit talking in the lounge really thank god you're here. What would gen pop do without you. matter of fact I'm gonna start the Church of JP

On a lighter side note JP I Just realized something I'm starting to like arguing with you. I have no dislike for you but I find myself laughing when I try and think of shit to say to you. I honestly can't tell if you get when I am joking or not so from now on keep in mind 99% of what I say is in a joking manner on that note Fuck You Jerkoff
    You clearly don't give a fuck, it's there in every vitriolic utterance.

As to this nonsense about me replying to your every post, you've made about 2,700, I've replied to what, a dozen tops.

Your arithmetic is clearly as bad as your understanding of basic English, your manners and your sense of humour.

You truly are an offensive troglodyte.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Ooooo big words, Sorry I should have been more clear I meant every post in the lounge, Honestly bro I thought you would've got that, My English, sense of humor and math skills are all perfectly fine. I will however concede that my manners may need a little work as there is a unique dynamic here in the lounge that I am still getting used to, but I will get that too.

Oh BTW only real fucking geeks say " troglodyte."

9. Lounge   -   #49
    dedro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    what is this^^ the ice breakers?

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by dedro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    what is this^^ the ice breakers?
    I am pretty certain that is not Eratosthenes if that is any help.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast