Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TT and Elek

BANNED BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Well,i see people having access to TT and still searching for an Elek acc/inv.
    Does it really give something more than TT?
    I was always thinking that with TT you are fully covered about elec music.
    What you think people?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Well,elektronik is better than TT if you're into techno. If you're into trance,house or any other EDM subgenre,you're better off with TT.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    if your a music fan you got to have them both ( trance , techno , minimal , house , electro )

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    "What you think people?"

Collectors is the answer, for me of course.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    its the same basis as having both what and waffles. its not necessary, but both sites have their own unique content and have albums at different bitrates. it helps to have both if you're an audiophile or just picky, or to get that rare album that may be on one but not the other.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    TSOL is partially right, but I don't think the difference is as minimal as the difference between What and Waffles.

I've actually noticed huge differences in content. And despite having significantly fewer torrents, I probably prefer ElektROnik, however, I would say that ElektROnik is the hardest tracker to seed on, especially on some of the less popular genre torrents there - like drum n bass for example. There's a bonus system, but it doesn't make it much easier because it takes A LOT of effort to cash in for upload credit. (You'd have to seed 500 torrents for 24 hours a day in order to cash in for 1GB of upload credit per day.) Elektronik is definitely a good tracker and it's definitely worth having if you're willing to be more strategic with your upload/downloading, otherwise TT will satisfy your needs just fine.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Elektronik is all I need. I'm not a member of TT, but I just don't have the desire to search it out when I've got more than enough great music at my fingertips.

I do wonder how the house content at TT stands up, but curiosity killed the cat.
    Last edited by dunson; 05-07-2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by iamKy666 View Post
    I was always thinking that with TT you are fully covered about elec music.
    Not really, to be fully covered I need freeride on beatport or access to DJ promo pool)) Soulseek provides me with more content than TT+El, especially on unreleases. Trackers just gives you convenience, you can setup rss and releases will download without you touching a button. When you back home - just start up Winamp and listen

Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    I would say that ElektROnik is the hardest tracker to seed on, especially on some of the less popular genre torrents there - like drum n bass for example. There's a bonus system, but it doesn't make it much easier because it takes A LOT of effort to cash in for upload credit. (You'd have to seed 500 torrents for 24 hours a day in order to cash in for 1GB of upload credit per day.)
    Not true, because of seeding points system. You can get the torrents from TT, TR, STM, filemp3 and seed them for points, just leave it in client for couple weeks and you will not only get bonus points, but ratio around 1, when ppl snatch it from you. 1 Gb a day not enough? I dunno
    TCS Byatch in training

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Not really, to be fully covered I need freeride on beatport or access to DJ promo pool)) Soulseek provides me with more content than TT+El, especially on unreleases. Trackers just gives you convenience, you can setup rss and releases will download without you touching a button. When you back home - just start up Winamp and listen

I would say that ElektROnik is the hardest tracker to seed on, especially on some of the less popular genre torrents there - like drum n bass for example. There's a bonus system, but it doesn't make it much easier because it takes A LOT of effort to cash in for upload credit. (You'd have to seed 500 torrents for 24 hours a day in order to cash in for 1GB of upload credit per day.)
    Not true, because of seeding points system. You can get the torrents from TT, TR, STM, filemp3 and seed them for points, just leave it in client for couple weeks and you will not only get bonus points, but ratio around 1, when ppl snatch it from you. 1 Gb a day not enough? I dunno
    I'm not saying, 1GB is not enough, it's more than enough... what I'm saying is that you'd need to have 500 torrents going to get just 1GB a day. If you're only seeding maybe 10 torrents, it would take 50 days of seeding 24/7 in order to only get 1GB.

And you COULD seed torrents from other places there, but that's not exactly fair to the uploader or other people trying to seed back. It makes it even harder for most people to seed. My personal recommendation would be to download everything that's freeleech and then seed those for bonus points, then you're not really cheating any of the other members.

I'm not really complaining or whining or anything, I'm just stating facts - it's harder to maintain a decent ratio compared to other trackers. It's not impossible, but it takes a little bit of strategy.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'm not saying, 1GB is not enough, it's more than enough... what I'm saying is that you'd need to have 500 torrents going to get just 1GB a day. If you're only seeding maybe 10 torrents, it would take 50 days of seeding 24/7 in order to only get 1GB.

And you COULD seed torrents from other places there, but that's not exactly fair to the uploader or other people trying to seed back. It makes it even harder for most people to seed. My personal recommendation would be to download everything that's freeleech and then seed those for bonus points, then you're not really cheating any of the other members.

I'm not really complaining or whining or anything, I'm just stating facts - it's harder to maintain a decent ratio compared to other trackers. It's not impossible, but it takes a little bit of strategy.
    Cheating and scamming is not fair. If you have a bad ratio you need to fix it right? First thing to do is be reasonable and download only what you need, this way you will never have problems with ratio, but if you got there already - seeding torrents from other sites is your best chance. Helping uploader to seed is not cheating. Every site with seeding bonus points cannot be considered hard to seed. Try seeding on NB, SCT where's no seeding system and everyone has seedbox, then you understand why..
    Anyway, I never had problems with ratio on TT and El and never seeded like 500, lol, just keep torrents in client for couple weeks and you'll see the magic happens - ppl will download stuff from you.
    TCS Byatch in training

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast