Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Kazaa Dying?

REALITY:
    I missed it perhaps, what do you intend to change realisticly.
    I am trying to change the leechs attitude and the 'don't give a toss' attitude of the clients programmers

A good client example is EMULE whre fake files and leeching is minimal due to the client software

This is the type of upgrade required for K-Lite to become a better platform and make the FT network a better place for all

:beerchug: to Stoi as always the voice of reason

Everyone can take a blinkered view to this thread but I am staing the simple truth
    it is a fact that simon no2003 also has posted on and that a number of ppl have noticed but said nothing

Kazaa & the FT network are dying due to leeching and clients that do not support the network as much as the users

~-- patience just takes practice --~

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    I cannot believe that you said this about kazaa, probably the best one ever.

The people who misname are the only people killing kazaa.

Everyone stop misnaming!

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    say... where can i get this bittorrent? it sounds great, since im tired of fakes and slow downloads! and leechers! i have my own thread on leechers, if you care too look, its titled 'leeching' description 'should it be allowed?' if you wanna check it out *too lazy to put web address* anyways, so yea, where can i find bittorrent...

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    I cannot believe that you said this about kazaa, probably the best one ever.

The people who misname are the only people killing kazaa.

Everyone stop misnaming!
    no, clint it is not just the fake files it is the leeching and the client that is killing the network, we need a new k++ client to help with fake files and leeches

~-- patience just takes practice --~

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    internet.news
    First, I do not know how many users napster have cause I was not very long
    there until it was sued ... :(

But what I can say is - it is my experience - that on audiogalaxy were many many people and audiogalaxy was the fastest service for me :) and it is still the fastest one when it will wake up from sleep :) - after ag was closed many people
    go to many different p2p programs - that is the issue and the problem:

We have to go to one program together which is similar fast to audiogalaxy - and the best for me is Kazaa Lite K++ at the moment which is much more faster than
    the original Kazaa (yellow) version :) and it is more faster than any other client -
    cause other clients are bigger, have less users or are not fast enough :)

But anyway, to ensure my file will be available further on I usually have Kazaa
    running in background - and sometime Kazaa & SoulSeek - cause many people
    like my cousin also went to SoulSeek :) and you can find a lot of music there only the fact that many people get queued while downloading/uploading means at Kazaa
    the ul/dl system is probably a little bit better :)

What I want to say is: at the moment we should use more clients at a time :)
    probably like me Kazaa & SoulSeek ( http://www.slsk.org ) in backgrund running :)

I also have had sometimes my own SlavaNap Opennap server :)
    :) connected to Ballad Network but Opennap is much more slower than
    SoulSeek :) It is only good for community but a good community you also can
    find on Kazaa and #klchat (now: #kchat - irc.p2pchat.net:6667 )

thanks anyway, david.

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    Originally posted by Freek1e@15 August 2003 - 18:08
    A good client example is EMULE whre fake files and leeching is minimal due to the client software
    Although this would involve Sharman Network to get involved, which I am wondering if they even give a shit anymore.

I posted about an email I sent them regarding these problems just to see if I get any resonse at http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry455246.

Also why not just use eMule, I use Shareaza all the time.

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    internet.news
    Although the RIAA sues some people - they can use Kazaa furthermore - c
    cause it is decentralized :)

and although I understand this copyright issues, there is more behind the idea of sharing: we have to share our thoughts openly to understnad each other better, ALSO OFFLINE, that's it!!!! and the RIAA are also just humans - and I do not think
    the guys in the RIAA headquarter or offices do not talk with each other :)
    I do not think so :)

or are they alien? hell, shit!!! WHY didn't I realize the invasion???

thanks anyway, david.

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Well i posted before in a threat like this...

I think there is somehow a point in what freek1 (and Stoi) are saying.
    Speeds gone down dramaticly and sometimes i think there are more fakely renamed files on the network then real one. luckily we have some tools to avoid those.. (verify it with verifieds and avi preview&#33.

Think there are multiple reasons for the drop of speed.
    1 st of all leechers, because of all the riaa fuzz more people stop sharing their files and are only takers!
    2 nd a lot use more programs to get their files, therefor they limit or divide their upload speed in those programs.

Probably some more reasons... but think these are the main!.

Btw the 2nd one goes up for all. This will also kill bittorent or whatever other program.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    kazaa can't and will never die. wat will all the noobies and newcomers to the p2p universe do?

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    the main reason why kazaa is "dying" is of leechers,fake files,people scared of the RIAA and the most important...the average kazaa user (kmd) has no idea bout divx,riaa making bad files,why movies dont play and spyware, they just dont relize wat is happing, they download 1 song, it plays for 15sec and doesnt work then they go for another 1, and soon they share 15 currypt sogns

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast