Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista Ultimate problem

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I'm getting this message:

A Runtime Error has occurred,

Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 618

Error: 'null' is null or not an object

It then offers Microsoft Script Editor as the only debugging device, which then faults, with the message Cannot create Data Application Folder.

Wtf?

Can I fix it with my OEM Dell Vista disc?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    pifpaf's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    try installing the latest security/bugfixes patches and sp1 if the OS is outdated.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pifpaf View Post
    try installing the latest security/bugfixes patches and sp1 if the OS is outdated.
    Right, but this is in aid of installing SP1.

I've been trying to sort this for several weeks; haven't actually done anything except scans, etc., in order to suss why I can't install it - the only indicator something is wrong system-wise is that sys /scanner runs to 43%, but won't complete.

SP1 doesn't show in updates for me, and I've DLed the multi-language-pack version, but to no avail.

This Run-Time thingie just came up out of the blue, so-to-speak.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    惡魔的提倡者
    Probably a silly question but have you tried http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...0921&x=15&y=14 ?

"Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 1 (SP1). This support for SP1 is valid until March 18, 2009. Chat and e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. "

Edit you might have to go through the location page first. http://support.microsoft.com/common/...4&gprid=500921

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Probably a silly question but have you tried http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...0921&x=15&y=14 ?

"Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 1 (SP1). This support for SP1 is valid until March 18, 2009. Chat and e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. "

Edit you might have to go through the location page first. http://support.microsoft.com/common/...4&gprid=500921
    Ah - excellent.

I'll try that one later today, hopefully...be nice to find out they'd deal with an OE Dell system; I've heard such support only exists for OSs purchased stand-alone style, and these guys prefer you run to Dell, instead.

Since it's for SP1, however, it may just work.

Thanks.

-Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Kev, you could always try making a slipstreamed vLite disc with SP1 integrated.
    I used an OEM Dell Vista disk to do this and was successful- granted, I was not getting any runtime errors beforehand.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Kev, you could always try making a slipstreamed vLite disc with SP1 integrated.
    I used an OEM Dell Vista disk to do this and was successful- granted, I was not getting any runtime errors beforehand.
    Well, I suppose I could try that if you've already done it with OEM.

What's vlite?

All I remember is nlite...

-Mark Twain

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    vLite is nLite for Vista, silly person.

Diabolical, indeed.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    vLite is nLite for Vista, silly person.

Diabolical, indeed.
    I knew that.

Since about 1524, I knew that.

-Mark Twain

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    惡魔的提倡者
    So did you get the problem fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast