Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Riaa Shit Is Scaring Me

Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    Originally posted by kornfreak84@13 August 2003 - 01:34
    im more paranoid than anyone. i stopped downloading and sharing! i have kazaa lite version but still dont feel safe! is k++ really safe? man..im scared like crazy! im dying to download some new songs but too scared!
    Sounds like a scare tactic if I ever heard of one.

Argh! :pirate:

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by kornfreak84@13 August 2003 - 07:34
    im more paranoid than anyone. i stopped downloading and sharing! i have kazaa lite version but still dont feel safe! is k++ really safe? man..im scared like crazy! im dying to download some new songs but too scared! 
    Pick your pants up and wipe that pee off yourself.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    masterm48 are you still scare ? you need protection?

call 1-800 i am a pussy

just kidding ..

but seriously are you ?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Yeah yeah it's really so scary, quickly, let's all log off and go hide under our beds, now!!

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by kornfreak84@13 August 2003 - 07:34
    . . .just stop sharing if you're that scared. You don't have to post about.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by Hogster@12 August 2003 - 09:52
    Dont be paranoid jsut relaz
    seriously

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    I just posted this in the filesharing forum. People are starting to fight back.

From http://zeropaid.com/news/articles/auto/08132003c.php

Jane Doe vs. RIAA: Users Fight Back
    posted by Dampier on August 13, 2003 @ 09:21am

In a USA TODAY story this morning not yet published online (USA Today - August 13, 2003 - Page 3D), Mike Snider reports that Sacramento attorney Daniel Ballard will be taking the fight back to the music industry with the expected filing this week of a lawsuit against the RIAA.
    USA TODAY reports that as of this date, more than 1,200 subpoenas have been issued, and court clerks are seeing more every day.

One such subpoena recepient, known currently only as "Jane Doe," has hired Ballard to sue the RIAA for not proving that illegal file distribution actually occured on her machine.

"Just because a user's PC has music stored within a peer-to-peer file-sharing program doesn't mean the user is illegally distributing copyrighted material," said Ballard.

"Distribution implies sending, rather than leaving something where it may be taken," Ballard added.

Because the RIAA is currently requesting subpoenas based on searching for song titles and corresponding users' IP addresses, Ballard believes he has a strong case because the RIAA apparently doesn't actually attempt to download songs found on users' systems to prove that distribution has occured.

Fred von Lohmann, at attorney for the EFF, told USA TODAY that the suit brings "another dimension to the fight."

IN RELATED DEVELOPMENTS --

Verizon's appeal against the court decision which got the RIAA started with their blizzard of subpoenas is scheduled for September 16.

Columbia University has joined two colleges in Massachusetts in their motions to quash the subpoenas issued against their students for being "defectively" filed in the wrong circuit court.

The RIAA has complied with subpoenas issued by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee of Investigations, turning over copies of all of its subpoenas against file swappers. Chairman Senator Norm Coleman, (R-Minn.) demanded the information and is concerned about potential subpoena power abuse by the RIAA and others.

Users are holding their breath to see if the RIAA actually files suit against them. The RIAA claims it will begin suing users in stages (probably a few hundred at a time) beginning later this month or early September.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    what about 56kers (mainly aol users)? should they be concerned too?

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Pussy plain and simple

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    =====================================================
    Dude you need to relax RIAA need prove the you're downloading illegal files just format your drve if youe ever get letter......
    It is no use.You have to "Shred" your files(Overwritten them 99 times or so),or they can still recover all of them.

The riaa is not doing much of anything, most of the tracking, if not all is done by a third party like MediaDefender. Basically, if they search for a file and you have it shared, they'll make note of the filename, filesize, your nickname, your ip, and the time.
    Total solution:
    1.Get a firewall
    2.Hide behind a anonymous proxy.(This is VERY important)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast