Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: MSBlast.exe

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    lol maybe this topic will help you http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=61215

seriously sorry though

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Poster
    Something rather strange has started going on with my copy of Windows. Only a few days ago, I started randomly getting dialog boxes stating that the Remote Procedure Call had failed and that I should log off and restart, and it had a timer that counted down before it restarted by itself. In an attempt to stop it from forcing a restart, I changed the response to its failure in the computer management console from 'Restart the Computer' to 'Take No Action'. I didn't see any more RPC failure dialogs, as I expected, but then I started getting some really screwy issues. The first thing I noticed was that I couldn't copy and paste files in explorer. I later noticed that I couldn't drag files, in any program. Then a number of programs I regularly use started taking a long time to load (at least 5-10 minutes) and had some weird behavior: Nero gave an 'Invalid Handle' error when trying to copy files to a compilation (Ctrl+1), WinRar took ~15 minutes to open an 'Extract To' dialog, others just hung in random spots, restarting Windows took 10 minutes as opposed to 1, etc. And after a full restart (but not logging off & back on), the problems weren't present, but after just a few minutes they returned just the same as before.

Edit: It's all because of that damn Msblast virus. Bastards!
    Sorry for creating another topic about it.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Sorry to tell you but you have the W32/Msblast virus.update your virus defs you should find msblast.exe in windows system32. just delete the file and restart your computer. I also got hit with this yesterday. Also use microsofts update website and apply the proper patches too prevent this happening in the future.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Sorry to tell you but you have the W32/Msblast virus.update your virus defs you should find msblast.exe in windows system32. just delete the file and restart your computer. I also got hit with this yesterday. Also use microsofts update website and apply the proper patches too prevent this happening in the future.
    Its not as easy as that!!

I tryed that plus 100 other things didnt work had to format!!

but u may be lucky

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    oh not not anothe one hit by the MSBLAST!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Poster
    Dammit! I read some of the other posts about Msblast just now. Funny, I manually disabled a lot of the unneccessary services, including the WU service. Oh well, at least I know that XP sucks in a completely different way than I thought it did.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    its not XP the problem

also 200 and NT4 as well suffer from this bastard

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    jus read this on neowin

If your having problems installing the patch within the 60 sec, when you see the window pop up telling you 60 sec, Go to Start, Run and type in shutdown -a. This will cancel the shutdown attempt. Thanks Sub for this tip!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Poster
    Hmm...

I didnt have any shutdown probs, only the (CAN COPY AGAIN YAY)

(
    What does the virus do...

Cant copy + paste
    Cant cut + paste
    Cannot drag files
    Cannot disconnect using system tray and network area once your on the internet.
    Uses you computer to launch DOS attacks
    A few websites do NOT work
    It slows your internet down by at LEAST 50%
    Cant use search (try F3 not sure if working.)

##
    Cant find the registry keys (Not in run, searching for msblast.exe)

How do I remove it, I cant friggin dl the damned files on that removal site etc...

)

I got it removed, had somone send me the windows 2000 pro english patch, then it died...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast