Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: MSBlast.exe

I've got an idea for these virus maker "studs". Why don't you make a virus which are directed toward SPAM servers, which will at least help out in that area, and not just pick on poor ol' Bill and his followers -- us.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    BANNED
    lol my university network was infected by "something". I didnt get the full news but I bet it was this virus.... Everyone was kicked out the lab and the ppl started trying to fix it.... lol i bet none uses this board

Either way...its weird cuz the server is linux (think debian, or devian) but all the computers connect thru win xp...

who knows lol, but i guess its funny

DWk

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    Proffesional Dumbass
    is windows 98 imune from this virus?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    cborga1985
    Originally posted by swarnel@12 August 2003 - 19:38
    is windows 98 imune from this virus?
    yeah i would like to know also!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    No windows 98 is fine cannot get afeected

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    Proffesional Dumbass
    good old windows 98, ive never had any problems with it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    cborga1985
    Originally posted by Hogster@12 August 2003 - 21:08
    No windows 98 is fine cannot get afeected
    cool nice i'm not being affected! Oh well I just installed ZoneAlarm 4 Pro and have Norton Systemworks 2003 so I hope that will help protect me from other viruses knowing they will probaly will make a Win98 version of the Msblast virus.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68
    Poster
    you guys don't know how you got infected? you don't know which infected file you've downloaded?

the guy who wrote this damn virus is a real genius!!! from what i've read, i understood that YOU DON'T HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING to get infected!!! so how do you get infected?

there's a script (portscan) that searches a range of I.P. numbers for open ports, in this case, 145 and 2 more, i don't remember well.

and guess what, if you have a not updated windows xp/2000/nt, you're in trouble.

if you have windows xp/2000/nt and a firewall software that is not updated, guess what? you're in trouble!!!

if you have windows xp/2000/nt, a firewall software and a NORTON ANTIVIRUS updated every wednesday (that's when symantec releases their weekly update for automatic live update), YOU'RE IN TROUBLE!!!! hell, i update my NAV every wednesday and this sh!t has just caught me!!! i also have NORTON INTERNET (IN)SECURITY (updated every wednesday too) and that sh!t has just caught me!!!

imo, the key is: become paranoid and check windows update everyday, update your antivirus software everyday, and update your firewall software everyday.

and this kind of thing makes me think: was it worth every penny paid for Norton AntiVirus Professional? does symantec deserve every cent i paid for Norton Internet Security??? thank godness I DO HAVE A PIRATED OS!!! now, do you think i'll buy my next license for updating NORTON definitions???

EDIT
    if you cannot stay connected time enough to download a removal tool, do the following:

block access to ports 145, 69 and 4444.
    click the start button => run... and type regedit.exe
    go to hkey_local machine => software => microsoft => windows => currentversion => run and delete the microsoft windows update entry
    restart your computer
    go to your %windir%\system32 directory and delete the file named msblast.exe
    download the removal tool linked above, run it, then update your windows, antivirus, firewall, kazaa lite, icq, notepad...

EDIT2
    This is what the damn virus do:

9. Software & Hardware   -   #69
    Originally posted by Hogster@12 August 2003 - 13:12
    Sorry to tell you but you have the W32/Msblast virus.update your virus defs you should find msblast.exe in windows system32. just delete the file and restart your computer. I also got hit with this yesterday. Also use microsofts update website and apply the proper patches too prevent this happening in the future.
    Its not as easy as that!!

I tryed that plus 100 other things didnt work had to format!!

but u may be lucky
    That's all I had to do, was delete the file and restart, that's it! The purpose of this virus is to flood Microsoft this Saturday, not destroy your files. You should have no problems getting rid of this virus. When i was hit by this my virus scanner didn't even pick it up, I noticed the file in my windows task manager before my computer could shut down. It wasn't untill a couple of hours later that my virus definitions, were ready for this virus. So it's not like my virus scanner disinfected the file, I just deleted it and restarted. Sorry to hear that alot of people are having some bad luck with this.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #70
    Out of The Ordinary
    All OS others than Windows XP and Windows 2000 is safe.

BOT

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast