Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would It Take To Make You Buy The Cd?

Hi everyone!

I assume most of the participants in this forum download music files from one p2p network or another.

What would it take for you to go out and buy the CD instead of just downloading the music?

I don't care about the legal aspects of it all, I'm just interested in the advantages and disadvantages of mp3 and original CDs as formats.

Would more extra features on a CD, like bonus DVDs etc, make you prefer the CD? Or are there other features not yet introduced that would me more desirable?

Finally, do you think mp3s or some other fully-digital music format (i.e. no physical product) will replace CDs totally? If so, when will this happen?

I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

Arildho

2. Music   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    drop the price form 30 bucks to 2 bucks

3. Music   -   #3
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Just a drop in prices while continuing the same quality...thats all i ask for

4. Music   -   #4
    Very Large Member
    Ive gotta agree,its the price with me also.

5. Music   -   #5
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I also have to agree with dropping the price. I do still buy CD's of my favorite artists. Metallica's St. Anger is the last album that I bought because of the DVD and the lyric book that came with it. The other cool thing that came with the CD was a password to the Metallica vault so that you could download live versions of songs from concerts.

6. Music   -   #6
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Drop the price

Make a cd that has (mostly) all good songs and no filler crap

Add extras like artist commentary n' shit.

One of those options would make me buy a cd.

7. Music   -   #7
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I only buy CD's if they're from a beginning good group. I'd never buy a cd from artists like Madonna or Metalicca

8. Music   -   #8
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Lower The Price ! ! !

Stop selling music at such an obscene mark up.
    It costs less than a dollar to press a disc. When CDs were new, they cost twice as much as LPs and cassettes. The industry claimed that the cost to produce this new format was high, and promised that as their costs came down, so would retail prices. This price drop never occurred. In stores where vinyl records and cassettes are still sold, they are priced lower than CDs, even though they cost more to manufacture. A movie on DVD frequently sells for less than its soundtrack on CD. The industry has colluded to fix prices, and they continue to skyrocket. In many US markets, CDs cost twenty dollars. In many countries, CDs cost even more. For example in Iceland, a CD can cost 2500kr, equal to 29.50 in US dollars. This is unacceptable.

Tchau!

9. Music   -   #9
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    definitely lower the price.. and of course better music.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

10. Music   -   #10
    And lower the price AND more for the artist &#33;

I buy a CD if i can&#39;t find it on vinyl, mp3&#39;s only makes me buy more ...

Unfortunatly its not only the record industry that try to sell things for too much money, not to say absurd and insulting. People try to change things (and spank billy gaty) if they can, i hope you do too Arildho; and you are working for who or what now ?

grtx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast