Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: does anyone else think that waffles is degrading?

Dry

Back when oink went down, waffles was obviously the best music site out of the three main ones (waffles, what and stmusic) - huge collection, great quality, and an active community. But lately, does anyone get the impression that everything's starting to slow down there? The total torrent count has only moved by around 1k in the last week, and the seeded torrent count is barely moving either. The forums are pretty inactive too.

Compared to what, which is still growing by almost a thousand torrents a day, i think it might be time to move my torrents over. Judging by the number of uploads per day there, i don't think i'm the only one.

Thoughts?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    yes, the once beautiful waffle is becoming a limp and lifeless pancake with log cabin syrup smeared all over collecting ants and giving you heartburn

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    -------------- BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    yes, the once beautiful waffle is becoming a limp and lifeless pancake with log cabin syrup smeared all over collecting ants and giving you heartburn
    waffles + Pepto-Bismol = relief

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I agree...what is definitely taking over! waffles is getting harder and harder to seed too

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED
    I agree with you all.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    stmusic and whatcd rule

never used my 30 week old waffles.fm account

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Yes, and I really liked Waffles a great deal more, but I think it's fading in a lot of ways.
    What.CD + Gazelle + the new features + amount of torrents + custom stylesheet = quite impressive
    I still don't agree with having to pay upload credit for making requests though. Everyone knows adding your vote to requests is the number one ratio booster, and now it's kind of takes some of the appeal away.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Eh?

I still like it a lot.

I think most people liked it because it was so hyped. But It's always been a decent tracker..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    still like it alot.

I dont really understand why you wouldn't. I find it more reliable than what? with better seeded torrents for the music i like to listen too. Still my favorite

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I never disliked waffles and I don't do so now. But it's also true that what.cd has always been my primary source for music and my stats show that (about 10 times more downloaded than on waffles).

There's still one discipline waffles is leading though: the number of uploaded and seeded torrents per registered user are higher than on what.

There's a lot that waffles has done with a smaller userbase (compared to what) but it also shows that 10k+ additional users can make a positive difference.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast