Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just another snapshot of American politics

惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I was sincerely put out at the prospect of stitching anew on this thread...until I found this-

Words fail me.

Well from your biased point of view they would. I note you edited out the bit where I said he is disliked by the right and left. Perhaps there's my confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    From reading your statements on the media you come across as someone that has a predetermined opinion and looks for media that confirms it rather than challenges.
    If you read my words it clearly says From reading your statements (because that's all I have to go on) you come across. If you feel you have been misjudged make your case, I will read with an open mind.
    I will help you out a little bit by saying that by just posting your views on this forum you are inviting argument and not looking for confirmation, but your own words suggest to the opposite being true in your choice of media

A few suppositions can be made here-

1. You are not quite as familiar with conservatives or conservatism as you think.
    Perhaps you are not as familiar with liberals, liberalism or anything other than your claimed "conservatism" as you think.

2. You are quite a bit younger than I am.

I'm 52

3. You are irrevocably and irretreivably liberal (though you have rather studiously avoided any sort of label).

It's totally irrelevant to the thread. (but nice try)

But here's a bone.

I think Conservatives and liberals alike want government to run their lives, they just disagree on what part of their lives government should be running. I'm sure you will object to that but there it is.

4. Your study of media bias is not too serious.

Your study of media is not too objective

5. You really don't have the slightest familiarity with me.

Never claimed to have.
    I have more, but...

Tell me how many of those are wrong.

BTW-

I'm installing my vLite concoction, so I will attend here when I can, as I have to use my laptop.
    I await your announcement of a solution in the software section

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Uh, let's see, here-

I'm sorry, if you regard Chris Matthews as a non-partisan, words still fail me.

I omitted your "he's hated by the right and the left" comment because it is irrelevant; any complaints from the left seem to have only to do with his having lately thrown over Hillary for Obama.

Do I have a "predetermined" opinion of the media (in all such incarnations as I consume)?

Yes...yes I do.

Didn't think I was being evasive about that.

I offer my apologies for my presumptions about you; I was feeling a bit peevish about having to step off to my other project, just then.

That was an overstep.

However, this thread having wandered into a discussion about media bias, I see more relevance than you as to your ideological leanings, and so will reach a conclusion of my own, absent any counter.

Would you care to expand on your statement about libs and cons common desire for selective government nannyism?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123