Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharing Invites?

I have some invites I'd like to give back. Saw some threads where guys would get their own accounts disabled because they shared it here. Want to avoided this myself, any advice?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    don't give out in public

if you see someone who you find deserving, invite him in private

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /Ļ_Ļ°.-.§.-.°Ļ_Ļ\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Make sure you don't use the same name at the site as you do here.

(Which I do.)
    o hai

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by fakiefakes View Post
    I have some invites I'd like to give back. Saw some threads where guys would get their own accounts disabled because they shared it here. Want to avoided this myself, any advice?
    just check out the site rules. if they don't allow public giveaways, don't do it.

if you don't care about it you will risk your account.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    don't give out in public

if you see someone who you find deserving, invite him in private
    +1...also, take time to check up on peeps before you invite..
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    It far better to just wait for someone to request an invite, in the invites sections, to a site you have invites for. Otherwise you can go through the other GA threads and look for good people who are applying.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    If you want to give invites as a way to make friends, well, itīs your choice... but I strongly advice you about administer your invites very carefully, many times youīll win more donīt giving one invite than giving it.

Staff of many trackers are around all the time. They donīt like to see invites of their trackers are given away and even less being traded.

Give them to people you know from other sites, so youīll have a reference of their behavior. And as Squirr3l said, there are a lot of guys here asking for specific sites, they know what they are looking for, so the chances of not using properly then are lower.
    But you always should check the candidate, collectors are not recommended, they usually donīt care a damn for their accounts, just want to have every site.

Traders... well, if you invite a known trader you have more chances of getting into troubles. But thatīs something you have to decide by yourself.
    Free will... do what you want and then pay or collect for it.

And remember that no one staff, not even one, like people that give away invites in public. No matter how good the invitee is. Itīs against almost every tracker rules.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Sure, just give them to your friends, I'm sure they would be very happy to receive them.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Sure, just give them to your friends, I'm sure they would be very happy to receive them.
    actually, it's very hard to find friends in rl who could be good torrenters.. i even have a special account on torrents.ru for my friends (it's ok to have more than 1 acc there and to share it) which i buffer when needed and let them leech whatever they want.. another sad story - my rl friend received invite on waffles but never bothered to be promoted to pu to give me invite.. i had to find my way there

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    But you always should check the candidate, collectors are not recommended, they usually donīt care a damn for their accounts, just want to have every site.
    i think collector who will take care of the account is a way better than anyone who will not do it
    Last edited by kukushka; 05-15-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Giveaway invites in Private Communities...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast