Thread: What About An Irc Client?

Poster
    couldn't you just make an IRC version of kazaa lite? but with a gui similar to KL 2.4? people share files all the time on those things. that's where i get a ton of my skate videos from.

i think we should start a kazaa lite IRC channel to see if people will use it. then build a new GUI if it's possible.

-Dustin

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    irc technically is just for "chatting" as it originally was created. but it has become so much more. and what your talking about could not happen because irc works in a different way. people need to learn to actually not be lazy when it comes to irc. you need to learn scripts and ways to connect, etc. it is not as simple as typing in something in a search engine and finding your stuff. irc can be harder to find things but better because nothing is fake and it is a lot safer to use. so i wouldnt expect a kazaa/irc client anytime soon...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    i think it could work. just make a kazaa lite server for everyone to connect to using the "kazaa lite IRC" client. then make a script (something like [KL]script) for the program to run on. the IRC program could do all of the 'behind-the-scenes' work so the user won't have to enter in scripts manually. just have the program do it with the click of a button. say you wanted to search for a certain song...just go into the search window and type in your song. then the program would search through the users in the kazaa lite channel and find the files. you could make the program have the exact same GUI as kazaa lite does now but instead of running on a p2p protocol it would run on IRC.

if anyone else thinks it's a good idea or has an even better one...then reply!

-Dustin