Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Have Posted This So Many Times But No

i was loading something and a message box came up saying this... the program then terminates....

please tell me what this means... i have made so many posts on this but no one answers... please help me...

here is the error...

"General protection fault!

History: UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    What program were you trying to run?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Were you trying to connect for on-line gaming? If so, were you trying to play a game on-line which you got as a crack er with a serial from the internet?
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i replied to the post in gameworld http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=61280
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well... the game is splinter cell....

is it true that some cd protection methods are having some sectors corrupted on purpose???? did i fix them using cdmage??? is that why there is an error???

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by hellofriend@12 August 2003 - 14:59
    well... the game is splinter cell....

is it true that some cd protection methods are having some sectors corrupted on purpose???? did i fix them using cdmage??? is that why there is an error???
    Check the FAQ page on cdmage HERE.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    try installing a no cd patch
    it stops splinter cell from checking the protection on the CD

upgrade Splinter Cell to 1.2 from the official site
    go to gamecopyworld.com
    download the appropriate crack
    follow instructions on how to apply (the 1 i got has the filename bat-s12n.rar and you need to replace 2 files one an exe and one a dll)
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    btw... one thing... i heard that cd protection methods make sure that some sectors are corrupted on purpose so tht protection can work....

i fixed all the errors using cd mage so i must have probably fixed the protection sector that was supposed to be left as errored..... is that why that protection fault box comes up?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Yes thats true however even left as errors it still probably wont work as safedisk 2 is hard to crack and most CD Writers are uncapable of reprodcing the CD even with CloneCD as the errors are changed some how.

as for the General protection fault&#33; i got that even when using the orginal CD as ny graphics card was too old

BTW did the crack work

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    i have a ati radeon 9500 pro and that runs more or less any game out to date obiwan.... do u think my drivers are too old???

also, i used the 1.2 patch and the crack u told me and an error message came up saying this when i loaded teh game...

"Entry point not found...

The procedue entry point ?GDTGraph@@3V?&#036;TArray............... could not be located in the dynamic link library engine.dll..."""

what does all that mean????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast