Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: best DVD-R torrent site

kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by barral01 View Post
    TL + Pisexy
    tl 600 dvd, pisexy 1300

dvdquorum 9000 dvd, swebits 5300. so plz either take your words back or proove it somehow

Quote Originally Posted by waeldiab View Post
    TDC TTi is the beast
    i don't mind to repeat, dvdquorum 9000 dvd, swebits 5300
    what can you say?
    Last edited by kukushka; 05-17-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    # of torrents doesn't mean anything. How many of those 9,000 torrents do you want and how many could you actually get at a decent speed? How many of them are actually 3+ DVD sets? Sheer numbers means very little to me.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    swebits > *

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Hero's Avatar ♥♥τοяяєητ ςαρταιη♥♥ BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Swedvdr and NB

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    # of torrents doesn't mean anything. How many of those 9,000 torrents do you want and how many could you actually get at a decent speed? How many of them are actually 3+ DVD sets? Sheer numbers means very little to me.
    you know, i don't give a damn about speeds. at all. bonus dvd disc to memento i downloaded at 3 k/s. and about pretimes too. i'd better watch full-hd a year later than a crappy camrip right now. i want to have a wide choice of what i can watch. so number of torrents is usually (in case that trackers have the same, mainstream orientation) straight proportional to probability that i will find something i like. imo, of course. some other ppl may prefer to download 4.7gb recompressed and enrar-ed dvd's at 10mb/s, having the very little choice. different trackers for different needs, i don't mind

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    justbt's Avatar Member
    TTi ~~

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    yorner's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    SweDVDR, TTi and Norbits!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Steve02's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    i use TDC

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    imo, non scene releases are better since scene always tries to recompress dvd's
    No, really? That's the whole point of there being a DVD scene.
    1) DVD9s are still overpriced in the western world (excluding the US where everything is cheap because it's the healthiest economy/democracy in the west)
    2) A DVD9 is significantly larger than a DVD5 (double size) making it much more of a time burn than grabbing DVD5's.
    3) The most important step the scene took was making use of DVDRB and CCE's exceleent re-encoding capabilities. DVD5's from the scene have quality (when they are properly made, i.e. from proper groups, not shit fake ones) that is in many cases identical to that of the DVD9 (when video remains untouched) or so similar you'd need a magnifying glass to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    you know, i don't give a damn about speeds. at all. bonus dvd disc to memento i downloaded at 3 k/s. and about pretimes too. i'd better watch full-hd a year later than a crappy camrip right now. i want to have a wide choice of what i can watch. so number of torrents is usually (in case that trackers have the same, mainstream orientation) straight proportional to probability that i will find something i like. imo, of course. some other ppl may prefer to download 4.7gb recompressed and enrar-ed dvd's at 10mb/s, having the very little choice. different trackers for different needs, i don't mind
    You don't give a damn about speeds? Good for you. Others do care about speeds, it makes things much more practical. Getting a DVD5 at 3kb/s is not very practical, and unless it's a very old, outdated or rare item, it's essentially pointless. You can download 20 DVD's with the time you'd take to download 1 at 3kb/s.

And no, number of torrents has nothing to do with content being better. The site can be full of DVD's and you might not want any of them. Pisexy is full of DVD's and only a few are worth getting, for example.

Some trackers have a smaller arsenal of material (i.e. FTN) and have very exclusive rare material, that makes it worth getting most of it (esp. where DVD's and DVD Packs are concerned). BitHQ has a lot of DVD's and most are uncompressed DVD9s that the average joe that doesn't have a 100MBit line doesn't really care for. Also, it's much more of a pain in the neck to dl a DVD9 (even if you have a very fast downstream) and then have to reencode it yourself with DVDRB.

Best DVD-R torrent sites that I know of are ScT/FTN/TL. This in terms of rarity (ScT/FTN) and in terms of speed (ScT/TL/FTN). FTN abuses my downstream speed if I get a new release. Hit 1.8MB/s the other day.

Of course I'm not in NORBITs, but have heard it is great for DVD's too. Otherwise, I'd say TTi (love the Movie of the Day thing), and lastly TDC. TDC has a lot of rare shit too, but the speeds aren't the best, due to few seeders.
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 05-18-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    mestari's Avatar Witchmaster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Swebits for PAL DVDR's absolutely!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast