Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What.cd account disabled for giveaway?

buckpasser's Avatar Custom User Title BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by (+.[___]·:·) View Post

My "trusted" friends I know only use the pirate bay.
    A bit off the original topic, but here's something that I've done. I have friends that would find certain sites appealing, so I tell them to go to Pirate Bay, learn how torrents work, and then get back to me with any and all questions. I'd be happy to help.

Most of the time, they haven't bothered to make the effort. So even those real life folks need to be treated with caution. There is no reason for a private tracker to be a training ground.

Then I have a friend I worked with for ten years, who I would definitely trust, but seems insistent on sticking with public trackers. I've told him that I've slept with his wife, so a few invites in return would be the least I can do.

Back to the original topic, for goodness sakes don't use the same username here that you use elsewhere. And the disabled account stats were interesting to read. So although I feel bad for the OP, I can see it from What's perspective too.

Speed test:

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Wilton331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I went onto their irc channel and went into the disabled accounts section where I was greeted by an extremely impolite mod.

Before I even said anything he said, " You got your account banned for trading and you're not going to get it back"
    I responded with " I did not trade any of my invites, are you a moderator?"
    He said yes and that the person i traded with was just in the room. I then said that he must not be a moderator because I definitely did not trade any invites, whereby he banned me permanently from the what.cd irc.

It's frustrating because I was extremely polite in choosing my words and this guy was just an asshole for no reason. I don't understand why people get on these power trips. Its unnecessary and childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    Go to the IRC support channel, and talk to a staff member,
    and be polite.
    That's your best shot at fixing this, FST is not gonna help you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    edited.
    Last edited by hitman51; 05-18-2008 at 01:31 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    you failed to read the rules, and you were banned for breaking them. what more do you want?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    pbjabba's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilton331 View Post
    I went onto their irc channel and went into the disabled accounts section where I was greeted by an extremely impolite mod.
    I know what you mean. I lost my account because the person who invited me got disabled because they gave away invites here. Before i knew this though i went into the irc to ask what happened, someone immediately accused me of trading then kicked me. I went back a few days later though and a very helpful mod looked into my case and let me know about my inviter and hence his invite tree getting disabled. So its just luck depending on who you get in irc. That said i don't think you will be able to get your account back, i know it sucks but the best thing to do probably is to start fresh
    And you know what? Macs are too hip. "Oh, look at me! I do graphic design! I wear women's jeans and hang out in coffee shops! I'm a DJ!" Well good for you. My computer is not a fashion statement. It's a computer.
    - Looking for HDBits.org invite - Thanks Magnum

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    singing_sol's Avatar ftn lover!!! BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    entrusting some one to those invites was not a good idea u mus t have asked users about their activity involved in the site and might then thought of takin the risk but u have made a wrong turn and that cost u ur acc and we have to learn a lot from these kind of guys

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Now i got all the information, thanks guys .. need to move on "Banned - Reason -person invited got banned".
    And the saddest part is, used a seedbox to seed only what .

The first ban i got in 6 years of torrent life.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I suck with Mirc.... how do i learn it- can not find my channels when i need to or do not know the commands, is hard to me??
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    Go to the IRC support channel, and talk to a staff member,
    and be polite.
    That's your best shot at fixing this, FST is not gonna help you.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by pbjabba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilton331 View Post
    I know what you mean. I lost my account because the person who invited me got disabled because they gave away invites here. Before i knew this though i went into the irc to ask what happened, someone immediately accused me of trading then kicked me. I went back a few days later though and a very helpful mod looked into my case and let me know about my inviter and hence his invite tree getting disabled. So its just luck depending on who you get in irc. That said i don't think you will be able to get your account back, i know it sucks but the best thing to do probably is to start fresh
    so the safest way to signup is thru interview

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    SolarisWind's Avatar Some pirate BT Rep: +1
    I always thought rules were something that needed to be learned and committed to memory before any downloading. You forget one, it's gameover.
    EDIT: Err, I mean before doing anything, not just downloading.
    Last edited by SolarisWind; 05-18-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast