Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd account disabled for giveaway?

Wilton331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I just had my first giveaway where I gave away 4 what.cd invites, and now my account is disabled there. Is that not allowed? I mean, what are invites for other than to give them away?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    Invites are to give to TRUSTED FRIENDS that know how to keep a ratio and know what torrents are. Invites are not for give aways and to boost your rep on Public trading boards. The site doesnt want newbs on the site.

Simple as that.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    How do they know that these people aren't trusted? By checking their ratios from other trackers I am making sure that they aren't "newbs".

And why would they jump to conclusions and ban my account immediately? Why wouldn't they wait and see if the people I invited have bad ratios?

Its just dumb in my opinion. Is there anything I can do about this? I really think that I contributed to what and can continue to.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilton331 View Post
    How do they know that these people aren't trusted? By checking their ratios from other trackers I am making sure that they aren't "newbs".

And why would they jump to conclusions and ban my account immediately? Why wouldn't they wait and see if the people I invited have bad ratios?

Its just dumb in my opinion. Is there anything I can do about this? I really think that I contributed to what and can continue to.
    So can you guarantee they won't cheat or even trade that account on. Do you know they haven't already been banned from these sites and are looking for another way in. No?

You are giving these invites to strangers. Most sites don't allow public giveaways....check their faq. Most of them stipulate they can only be given to people you know. You will be very lucky if your other accounts are not disabled also.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4

Well they don`t have to know if the people that you invited are trusted or not .
    About jumping to conclusions they don`t draw conclusions .. they have a set of rules and they just apply them . Here :"Trading, selling or offering invites in public is strictly prohibited, and will get you permanently banned." <--- part of what.cd rules .
    And you are not the first to be disabled for that ... about getting back your account .. I don`t think so .
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post

So can you guarantee they won't cheat or even trade that account on. Do you know they haven't already been banned from these sites and are looking for another way in. No?

You are giving these invites to strangers. Most sites don't allow public giveaways....check their faq. Most of them stipulate they can only be given to people you know. You will be very lucky if your other accounts are not disabled also.
    I just don't understand. I am not doing anything that I dont see people doing on this site everyday. I figured that it was courteous and altruistic. I didn't have any other motives or some secret agenda. I honestly feel bad now. I don't have any friends that use bittorrent, so i figured this would be the best way to distribute my invites. I apologize.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    J-G's Avatar Zazhigaem
    Don't do any public GA's
    Especially here at FST coz here r lot of traders/cheaters.
    Give someone who u trust/know some months and your acc will be safe.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    My account aslo got disabled today , i dont know what mistake i did and i really dont know whom to contact, i was keeping a good ratio and was active..
    Can anyone help me on this...i mean jsut to cotatc them? will that work or atleaast to know i volated any rules or just a techinical error?

Thanks-and sorry wilton331 for posting in u r thread

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Another one...

I hope for more cases like this one, to see if some people learn that "friends" and "virtual friends" are different.
    Last edited by F.B.I; 05-17-2008 at 04:45 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    @Wilton331-Did you Read site Rules-FAQ when signing up? I am not sure but i stay clear of giving out invites to anyone but close friends!
    @bladesharp- did you do a giveaway somewhere? Or something else not allowed on most sites, like a public giveaway where you give the invite to a complete stranger??
    I would think to invite even a friend there, i would make sure they can Rip-Upload, follow rules-ect. So always be wary of GA's and who you give your invites to(if you give any @ all?)
    I admit i do not trade or do Giveaways with ANY invite for this very same reason.

I just had my first giveaway where I gave away 4 what.cd invites, and now my account is disabled there. Is that not allowed? I mean, what are invites for other than to give them away?
    Infoictionary meaning of Friend.
    Friend (frnd)n.
    1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
    2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
    3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
    4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement:

5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends
    Last edited by pone44; 05-17-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: friends you trust and are Experianced in ripping-coverting files, correctly! Also the other things such as Rules-ect.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast