Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple G5

Well, do you have any thoughts on the new machine from Apple?

Even though I have always been a pc/windows guy (well post-Apple IIe anyway), I think it looks very cool....and FAST.

Power Mac G5

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    to bad its not the fastest Computer like they claim. i for one now see how un-trustworthy and that reason alone i hope Mac falls under.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    I think mac's kick ass. It's just that they cost so damn much.

If I had the money for one, i would throw out my PC and Windows so damn fast.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    "to bad its not the fastest Computer like they claim. i for one now see how un-trustworthy and that reason alone i hope Mac falls under"

What!?!?!?!?!

Going on my personal experience with Macs, Macs are so much quicker than PCs in almost everyway! The one and almost only problem with Macs is their lack of support from other software developers.

If you use a resource hungry program such as Adobe Photoshop 7 on the PC and the Mac, both are put under stress but the Mac will be twice as fast and will outperform the PC in almost everyway.

The G5 is just the iceing on the cake with two 2Ghz processors and up to 8GB RAM possible.

If you're a PC user and haven't used a Mac then you have no rights to diss.
    If you use a Mac and still diss it, then you must be using it for the wrong reasons and applications.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Um...i just dont like macs...they claim its the FASTEST computer...i dont believe that bullshit..and it might be the fastest for the stuff it can ACTUALLY run...which isnt much! im pretty sure that you cant even have kazaa on a mac.....there like AOL with internet...its limited...so i just say stick with PC...if ya want the best
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i'm sorry i sorta went off on one BDF.

i just think that people knock Macs b4 they can actually see what they can do.

At the end of the day, PCs and Macs are 2 very, very different machines.
    One of the only reasons that Macs are behind in terms of popularity is because of other sotware developers not developing software for them.

They each have their own uses. If you're a big time graphics renderer or make a living out of making and manipulating photos then the sight of a PC would make you sick, because a Mac is just so much better at graphics.

But I understand that each for their own.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Enigma2003@12 August 2003 - 18:15
    i'm sorry i sorta went off on one BDF.

i just think that people knock Macs b4 they can actually see what they can do.

At the end of the day, PCs and Macs are 2 very, very different machines.
    One of the only reasons that Macs are behind in terms of popularity is because of other sotware developers not developing software for them.

They each have their own uses. If you're a big time graphics renderer or make a living out of making and manipulating photos then the sight of a PC would make you sick, because a Mac is just so much better at graphics.

But I understand that each for their own.
    I agree. The only thing is that nothing works on them. [programs] And from what I know (not much about macs) is that if the computer freezes, there is no way of terminating the process.... is there?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    i agree macs suck ass

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Macs are used more in Graphics design becuase they can support alot of the ADOBE stuff and Marcomedia ect. also the edges on a mac are far more smoother and a higher resolution than PC. Although the MAC is this the PC is more for personal use and for downloading pirate game or movies lol.

-Mike

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Though Macs are the first most popular PC before Microsoft, I still think that Macs suck. But they just LOOK cool.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast