Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: question for staffers

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I love you Swax, it's official, and btw - here is my ear, I do hope your tongue is clean though and you have washed it since you last used on Feeling's ear.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Swax View Post
    4) If we're ever feeling low and want a reminder that there's millions of people in the world less intelectually blessed than us
    True indeed ... but you can go to almost every tracker-forum and you'll get the same feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    Honestly i think its because that many staff members are here simply for the following:
    4. simply for the entertainment value... (com'on now... some of you guys gotta agree... some of the stuff in here is way to funny to miss)
    That's 100% true ... although it can be frustrating sometimes to read al those invite-begger threads and the fact they think all FST-members IQ is a moderate as their own.

Sorry for this little off-topic ... I give the word to the reps again
    Can you feel the LOVE

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by t3w View Post
    *Deleted*
    37? Mother of god, and I thought I needed a life.

Well actually I do have one now,thankfully.
    Last edited by Detale; 05-20-2008 at 05:00 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I had never heard of this site till one day I met Reality on another forum and he talk to me about the CR title and it kind of peaked my interest to see what was going on over here and I found out that I actually enjoy being here. I mean yes there a bunch of bad users but there is also a bunch good ones and my belief is that you have to put up with the bad to find out the good of what FST provides for the BT communities out there or any other form of file sharing out there.

I know that there are sites that truel'y don't like FST for there invite section, but hey in my humble opinion there are a bunch of invite trading sites out there that are way worst and to top it off they have no respect or communication with the BT sites and I can guarantee they are no hurry to try and build a stronger bond between a forum like this and the BT sites which is something FST tried to do with the CR title and actually **** the urls of some sites.

I will just quote jesperr since I think he read my mind and posted the reasons why I stick around here an in easy to read manner.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperr
    Honestly i think its because that many staff members are here simply for the following:

1. to actually address tracker issues
    2. to eye out potentionaly good users( yes that does happen..once in a while)
    3. mingle with the torrent community
    4. simply for the entertainment value... (com'on now... some of you guys gotta agree... some of the stuff in here is way to funny to miss)

oh... and to catch traders of course...

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLabel View Post
    some sysops had account here before they open their trackers
    Good point
    TCS Byatch in training

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    What has age got to do with anything, im 36 and have a life, but im here as well.

anyway, i joined here when it was the kazaa lite forums in 2002, left it and used filesoup more when i made my tracker, we went down for a bit, a member of my site emailed me and told me there was a thread over here asking wtf was going on, came here, tried to make a new account, stoi was already taken, im like wtf.

So tried a few of my old passwords that i used to use, and logged in, thought how lol then i noticed people on my friends list from 2002 and knew where i was (as the domain name had been changed).

So i never even thought about joining here to catch traders etc.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i've got a question for all our official and non-official com reps. i'm talking about sysops, admins, mods etc.

why do you have a fst account?

i don't want this thread to be spammed by users speculating. i want honest answers from those in question.

thank you.

p.s. it doesn't matter if it is your first post, dude
    FST is a forum with many subforums...some have nothing to do with bittorrent. there are a lot of us who spend time in the BT section because it is something that we are interested in and like to discuss. when you say, "FST," one cant help but thing you are alluding to the WTAW thread. if this is the case, you should be more specific in your question. not everybody here spends time tossing and turning in bed due to their ever-growing concern over trading and whatnot.

This site is a great resource for anybody who enjoys IT and the media platform. you can ask almost any sort of question here about movies, software, hardware, television, or having sex on your period and you will get a response. your ever-so-trite attempts at playing devils advocate here are no more or less important than any other thread in this forum.

ps...i originally found this site while doing a google search on DRM

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Interesting question, with a variety of answers.

As for me, well, I am nosey.

When you hear of a place, especially when there is something of a reputation attached, your curiosity is peaked.

I came here to find out what this place was about. Simple as that.

Since joining, I have come to realise that this place encompasses both extremes of sharing, from the scumbag traders who would willingly sell their own mothers if it meant getting a rare invite or account, to those who put the welfare of others before their own.

People often refer to FST as being a haven for the most deranged amongst the sharers, and while I agree that such forums do attract some of the more undesirables, there are many good members here who deserve recognition for their wholesome attitudes towards sharing.

On the whole, FST is not such a bad place. It has gained a reputation that it is not overly deserving, but with any medium where a certain freedom of expression is allowed, there will always be those who abuse that freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    What has age got to do with anything, im 36 and have a life, but im here as well.
    Don't mean to pick on you but didn't you just turn 21? That was headlines at BCG and I wished you.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to stoi whos 21 again on May the 1st.

Notice the again in that sentence lol

I wish i was 21 again.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast