Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: question for staffers

J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

I am not sure what tracker your from, but why has so many people and staff from other trackers, got so much hate aimed at Brandon, he seems like an OK tracker owner to me, who has made a decent tracker, im not a member, but anyone thats put the time and effort into getting any tracker off the ground must have something about them, and i respect him for that.

its not an e-penis thing, it a penis thing

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i dont know, not that i care mind you.

I have a feeling there was a bit of a scene between 2 torrent sites, which now feeds to a lot hate between the 2 ownwers or thats the way i read the news anyway lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swax View Post
    I guess that can be forgotten along with the "DO NOT post "good luck", "nice give-away" or similar repeatedly." rule which is not enforced?
    It is enforced with repeat offenders, as the sticky suggests.

The posts while annoying, do not harm the site or it's members. We used to go after each post and remove them but it was pointless; shoveling shit against the tide and all.

If a member is repeated posting such fluff, you're welcome to report it. Otherwise we will deal with the posts as we find them.

If you have further issues with the site I suggest you bring them up in "Everything Related to the Board" or just sit on them.
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-20-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    So it's ok for you to promote breaking our rules, but not ok for us to protect our own rules?

Forgive me if I am blind, but I cannot see a rule along the lines of "Do NOT catch invite traders here".

The most relevant rule regarding this matter is;

"Respect Communities You're A Member Of

Who You Invite

* Most sites want you to invite those you know and trust."
    Which if anything tells users not to break tracker rules, but I guess that can be forgotten along with the "DO NOT post "good luck", "nice give-away" or similar repeatedly." rule which is not enforced?

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    "Brandon Sympathy Thread"?? Yup you're an idiot now for sure
    Your powers of sophisticated debating are truly wasted here, you should run for President. No, seriously.

Also you elitist, arrogant, child, because you staff somewhere you are smarter than the members here? You say "We" I assume meaning site staff but most of the site staff in this thread do not share your point of view so again you look foolish.
    If you think that the 10 or so Staff that posted in this thread make up the majority of Bittorrent Tracker Staff in the World then you really are living in a cave. Sure you personally might think they represent a significant amount of the more powerful staff, but I would prefer to take the opinions of 40+ staff from differing backgrounds than 10 from 'big' trackers. Call it anti-elitist, call it what you will...

I won't stoop to pointing out your deliberate spelling error or grammatical failings as I know this'll push you over the edge and you'll get trigger happy with that ban button.
    We enforce OUR rules and you should enforce YOUR rules ,on your OWN site not on ours. You are here calling our members dumb, I will not stand for this idly. We do not invade whatever site you are a part of and harass your members do we?? If we did we would surely get a Ban right?? As far as the rules you feel we do not enforce we ease up a bit (something you may want to look into) because we wnt this section to have a community feel to it and our members to try and get to know each other a bit better, you would know this if you looked around a bit more

Fair enough ,you got one, the rule was in the Community rep section and I believe it may have been edited out, I'm going to see about putting it back in. It said something along the lines of People found Hunting traders will have their access to the invite section removed( as has happened to you, so please don't play dumb here)

I don't need to waste my sophisticated debate skills on an irrelevant propaganda like subject as you are suggesting here so lets just drop the subject re: Brandon, because that has been done to death and we will both look like morons OK?

OK and this is the important part, I never said the staff posting in this thread speak for anyone other then themselves individually YOU are the one who implied a group voice speaking as "WE" I meant that you were in the minority here and thats all.

Now do you honestly believe that the 40+ members of staff opinions you are holding dear make up a majority!? Not to mention you should really try and think for yourself and have your own opinion. Dude there is a great big world out there not just the bigger trackers and the simple fact is many many of them don't even give a 5hit about trading one iota. Now I'm not claiming that my side of this debate has a majority opinion I am only saying that neither of us can honestly say if the majority of tracker staff are pro or Anti trading this is a fact.

I won't stoop to pointing out your deliberate spelling error or grammatical failings as I know this'll push you over the edge and you'll get trigger happy with that ban button.
    What!? Why would you even say such a thing? Why don't you ask some of the "40+" staffers you know about me I'm sure some of them know me. I pride myself on being fair and honest. Maybe this is just trying to get a rise out of me, hmmm, I don't know, but it is insane to suggest I would ban you for pointing out an error of mine. I Ban when the rules of FST are broken and that is what is called for not for any other reason. Maybe thats how you act at your site but not how we act here pal.

Also would you be so kind as to name the site you represent and your position there? I mean you know who I am, and in case you don't my nick is Pariah on most sites and sometimes Detale. Now you can look me up as I have accts on many sites big and small. So my man who are you and where do you come from??

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyPittock View Post

Wow. The staff here are so aggresive.

' you elitist, arrogant, child ' He really lost his rag.

I thought all of his points where valid myself.
    Sorry to be so aggressive but he really did touch a nerve. I am not going to let anyone come to our beloved FST and say stupid 5hit about our members. And maybe I did "lose my rag" whatever that means, but this guy is way out of line.

It is your right to believe what you wish I will never say anything different. Still I fail to see any valid points here it's mostly just 5hit talking and propaganda with little digs thrown in. If you ask around or even search my posts you will see I usually will get knee deep in a good debate and I have debated with some of the best out there. I still have to say one of my all time fav's is fatcat69, now HE has some valid points as do others I am currently debating in other section like my gay uncle's boyfriend in my sig .

@PB sorry for the distraction but you know how I am man
    Last edited by Detale; 05-20-2008 at 09:55 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    And maybe I did "lose my rag" whatever that means
    It has something to do with a woman...a certain time of the month and what they used to use before tampons though these days it just means you got angry.

As for PB's question it was actually turning into an interesting read until the shit fight started :\ I'd be curious to hear from other staffers as well.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Swax is better known as deviant from ScT.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    @ swax your beating a dead horse im afraid, FST does not have to respect tracker rules, most tracker owners hate it, but sod all we can do about it.

Im not sure why you brought the other staffers that have alrady posted in this thread into this at all. I just said i didnt join to catch invite traders, that doesnt mean that when i did join i didnt catch them (well it was more accounts for us as we didnt have invites).

I am not sure what tracker your from, but why has so many people and staff from other trackers, got so much hate aimed at Brandon, he seems like an OK tracker owner to me, who has made a decent tracker, im not a member, but anyone thats put the time and effort into getting any tracker off the ground must have something about them, and i respect him for that.

I must say though, im not keen on your elitist attitude, to me we are all on here for the same purpuse, to get what we want, when we want it, and to not pay ridiculous prices for a load of crud that they produce nowadays. So what if im a tracker owner, thats been doing torrents for 5 years. To me im the same as a brand new member from here, that doesnt even know what a torrent is, never mind is a member of anywhere.

Because how long does it take to really understand torrenting, 4 hours max and thats pushing it, its not Rocket Science or Brain Surgery here you know.

Feel free to pick up all the spelling and gramatical errors as well, i dont really give a toss, im not here as an english teacher, If members cant spell or they seem to be not very interlectual, who gives a toss, this is the net for christ sake.
    I wasn't going to even take the time to reply to this thread after I saw where it was going, but I just want you to know that I respect you for your fourth paragraph. I also agree with you and appreciate you taking the time to say what I would have said myself.

I don't need to waste my sophisticated debate skills on an irrelevant propaganda like subject as you are suggesting here so lets just drop the subject re: Brandon, because that has been done to death and we will both look like morons OK?
    The fact that it's a cowardly attack from him and others, without any provoking says enough about it. Don't hold your breath my friend. I've already realized that fighting on the internet is stupid, time wasting, and childish and have stepped back. Perhaps someday they will too.
    Last edited by Brandon; 05-20-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    [quote=Detale;2833785]
    Sorry to be so aggressive but he really did touch a nerve. I am not going to let anyone come to our beloved FST and say stupid 5hit about our members. And maybe I did "lose my rag" whatever that means, but this guy is way out of line.

It is your right to believe what you wish I will never say anything different. Still I fail to see any valid points here it's mostly just 5hit talking and propaganda with little digs thrown in. If you ask around or even search my posts you will see I usually will get knee deep in a good debate and I have debated with some of the best out there. I still have to say one of my all time fav's is fatcat69, now HE has some valid points as do others I am currently debating in other section like my gay uncle's boyfriend in my sig .
    @PB sorry for the distraction but you know how I am man
    thanks for defending all us users of undetermined intellect here!, thought that he had a legitimate point on the sympathy threads tho

now for teh representatives again.. would like to hear Umlauf's thoughts here.

spelling control says I has no errors
    "That was a great speech. If McCain wins, he'll owe it to Sarah Palin."
    "We're fucked. I think."

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by chamaeleo View Post

thanks for defending all us users of undetermined intellect here!, thought that he had a legitimate point on the sympathy threads tho

Legitimate or not, it was still an uncalled for comment that contributed nothing to this topic.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chamaeleo View Post

Legitimate or not, it was still an uncalled for comment that contributed nothing to this topic.
    as was mine ... and yours
    wish to comment on Polarbears initial question? I'll stop the spam here
    "That was a great speech. If McCain wins, he'll owe it to Sarah Palin."
    "We're fucked. I think."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast