Thread: Clock for desktop

kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i need a digital clock for my xp pc for desktop(not the one in the bottom right corner). i use clocX 1.5 right now but its analog clock only.
    Any recommendations?

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    if you are using vista you can use gadgets?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Couple thoughts here. You can use a program like Desktop Clock:

http://desktop-tools.net/clock.html

Which will give you a nice digital clock on desktop. There are some pretty good digital alarm clocks out there as well, that give you a bigger digital clock on the desktop. Just google desktop alarm clock.

I like to use two programs. One is called Active Desktop Calendar, which interfaces real well with outlook, and gives you a nice desktop calendar. It also installs a clock, screen saver, that has the time in multiple countries. I also use RocketDock, and install the clock wigi, so that if I ever need the time, I just move my mouse to the top of the screen, and wallah.. '

Personally, I cannot stand Vista. You can get the same widgets in XP though, if that is your flavor.

Hope this helps..
    Last edited by musiclover7; 05-22-2008 at 01:25 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Desktop clock is likely your best bet, though if you're not averse to customising your tray clock, Clock Tray Skins offers a decent variety of digital clocks to choose from:

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    rtxs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    If you have vista you can use gadjets...

to windows xp you can get a sidebar for xp and before get a digital clock gadjet

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    thanks for everyones advise. i went with Premium clocks. come with both digital and analog, plus a lot more features that i might play around with later

http://premiumclock.com/

screen shot http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3338/clocknh6.jpg

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Thats a neat clock on your desktop , I just use Gadgets from warzedemonds Black XP .