Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD Torrent Sites

InsaneBoost's Avatar Member

Question Mark

I was wondering if there happened to be some sort of PDTV release website or if the HD websites allowed those to be uploaded to their server. I prefer doing the PDTV releases because they are much smaller in size and I think mine come out looking pretty decent for the file size of 1-2 GB's and I would like to stick to that, however if I must release the bigger file sizes for 720 and 1080 releases I can do it. What my question is, if there are sites such as these which would you prefer I use considering I like using PDTV as my release type, and if those sites are not available which sites would you suggest using? This is by means no way of asking for invites I would just like opinions on which sites are preferred by users so I know what my HD site of choice should be.

Thanks

These are what my PDTV Release look like BTW:

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Anything anyone?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Well I can tell you that HDbits only accepts 720p and 1080i/p stuff so I highly doubt your PDTV will be allowed.
    Most people would probably also be watching the downloaded content on their home theatre where Im guessing PDTV wont look so good

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Looks good to me. I don't know any HD sites that allow such things. Maybe you could upload them to trackers like BitSoup or Demonoid that allow all uploads. Make sure to include screens and be clear that you capped it. Good luck.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I must admit that the screenshots looks great!
    However, though a PDTV rip is much better than an analog one, you cannot compare its quality to an HDTV one...

Unless you can provide rare content which cannot be obtained in HD i don't really see why anyone would like to download a PDTV rip since bandwidth/disk space is not really a problem to most of the people.

You didn't mention anything about your encoding (or i missed it...) but the only place that pops up my mind is x264 which might allow PDTV releases assuming that they are x264 encoded.

Best of luck!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I use H.264, I don't know if that's the same as x264 or not, I just know what looks good and I do it. The main reason I do PDTV is because I'm on a football forum and they don't like releases over 2gigs in total unless it's like the superbowl. However, when my 30 day trial is up I think I will join HDBits if I can get an invite and release two versions. As far as the members on HDBits, do they like all uploads, concerts, shows, sports, etc? The main things I cap are: WWE Wrestling (Smackdown) Washington Redskins Games But I do cap various things too. Would they allow such things, or are they a more dedicated movie site?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    They have a section with sports. with everything from hockey to football to wrestling, and I'm sure they'll appreciate more cappers

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Alright then I shall post over there, just gotta wait till next month I suppose

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    one thing's for sure though 2gb is definitely no biggie for HDbits!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Haha yeah, aren't most normal HD videos 7+

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast