Thread: Just An Innocent Thought........

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    after reading a VERY long thread started by Ron something occured to me.
    Wishlists are a good idea.
    Before you jump to conclusions, i've been thinking about this for a long time so don't say it's because I read that thread. I just have a dumb idea for a forum tell me what you think.
    ok most forums allow avatars,sigs,ect... so the person can put his/her own stuff but I think there should be a logo that ALL members must click specifiying their os. Before you say "the could put that in the sig" it's not the same because if you HAD to do it during registration, EVERYONE would know each others os. As far as hacking goes, i dunno maybe it should be a proxy forum where no non-proxied members. To battle multiple log ons/accounts there should be a second site(one that won't work with proxies) to allow chat so the people can get to know each other(it's controlled by the same server team). After a certain amount of time passes at the 2nd site(the 2nd site monitors ip addys carefully to spot suspicious activity) a trust ranking is given at the main site. Also, here's how the wishlist works. You put something on your wishlist. If another member has that thing that you want *wink* , he may or may not give it to you. He can decide based on your trustlevel and whatever else.
    whaddyathink???
    no it don't belong in fechin' softwareworld lamsey B)
    Edith I forgot to say, the wishlists, which are a part of the main forum, have a set limit to how many are allowed(since it's not fair to the other members) per day.
    It should be one private trade/give per day and you can't do it with the same user over and over each day(that would also be unfair).

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    What would the point of that be? I don't particularly care what other people are running as an OS, and I doubt many would care what I run. PMs work just as well for getting what you want from specific people; generally the Requests section of the worlds work well enough for that.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Lounge   -   #3
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    first of all i DID say it was a dumb idea but to answer your question:
    os? because discussions on the internet often lead to discussions about software which is hard to "jump in" and give answers to people not knowing what are running.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Why should everyone be required to state what OS they're using? If one wishes to engage in OS conversation, I'm sure most would be inclined to state in which they have experience. If one didn't wish to engage in said conversation, why bother saying what they're running? Considering Microsoft has 90% of the OS market, it's not terribly difficult to guess what most people would be running.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t