Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why ppl keep gather accounts ?

Quote Originally Posted by mievmo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post

Bullshit right back at you.

I have probably 30 trackers and just now had to sign up at another one, in Russian even, just to get a CD that I already own but is scratched beyond recognition. I even went as far as trying to find it in crappy mp3 quality but ended up finding a good lossless rip at that Russian site.

And I have E, Pedros, Waffles, What, TT, TR, 0-Day trackers, General trackers etc.

I could not find the CD, or if I could it wasn't seeded in any quality anywhere, public or private. I came across that site using Google "Artist"+"Album"+Torrent and had to sign up to be able to download it.

Same thing 3-4 weeks ago for just one single trance mix. Also that time every single one of the usual private sites failed me.

Also I try and find movies I want in good quality using 0-day sites, general sites, Demonoid and other less private sites and public sites.

If you just want 0-day and other popular stuff then a few trackers are fine. But if you, like me, like to collect music and movies, old and new, popular and unpopular, then 30 trackers sometimes isn't enough.

And just for the record. For my use these incredible 0-day trackers, that everyone wants, are often completely useless. When I search for a movie I look for it at sites like SITR, PISexy, TL etc. before checking the likes of ScT, FTN which only have scene releases, and often in crap 700MB quality (movies) or crap V2 mp3 (music).

I am not saying 0-day is bad, but when looking for quality, most of the time, it is.
    If u don't have anything smart to say - then just STFU.
    lol you are a dumbfuck

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    And speed means absolutely nothing to me as long as I get what I want.
    Well it's a plus, but I agree. If I'm looking for that DVD or a movie of that quality (I mean the quality of the movie production, not the encode) I don't mind getting it at 1 or 10kb/s (1 seeder).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies
    Like I said, these sites are great if you are into the newest and most popular movies only. When you want that mediocre low budget film from 1997 suddenly those sites don't mean as much.
    Again I must disagree with you. I'm currently leeching, and have leeched, D*DR's (and I know they have gigantic X*iD packs too) from F** and S** that are not scene or recent. I can PM you examples, as I don't like to discuss my private activities. But suffice it to say they are not things that were released yesterday or the day before, nor the year before for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies
    and I don't care about that free leech rule as I want to give back as well as take.
    Fair enough, a lot of us are not in F** for it's "free leech" rule either. In any case it wasn't always the norm.

A Scanner Darkly - got the D*DR from TL
    The Big Hit
    Office Space - is available, even if ATM with 0 seeders, at one of the sites you mentioned and were just bitching about (in D*DR format)
    Super Troopers
    Lost Horizon (1937)
    Dr. Strangelove - got it from TL, D*DR as well

It's an obsession. Some I do watch over and over again, others I never seem to get around to watching. Pretty much, when I want to watch a movie I have kinda like my own little, or not so little, video rental store. If I want to watch something old I have it, if I want to watch something new I have it. something I have never seen or something I have seen once or twice. Options options
    Totally agree. IMO The best thing on the scene is DVD's. A game is cool too, but after you play it, you uninstall it and shelf it. If you grab only the truly good movies, these can be watched as many times as you want. If you grab a lot and then shelf/don't have time to watch 'em all as you grab 'em, you then have options to watch when you've got nothing to do and want to kick back and enjoy a flick, in good DVD quality, with a menu and a few extras, if they were kept or you're into that sort of thing. Most importantly, you can watch it on your TV, sitting comfortably on your couch, with english subs unless it's a NORDIC release

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hi Guys

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    You want some examples to try and search.. just of the top of my head?

A Scanner Darkly
    The Big Hit
    Office Space
    Super Troopers
    Lost Horizon (1937)
    Dr. Strangelove

I can continue if you want
    i know a site that has most of those
    Proud Member of:

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    You want some examples to try and search.. just of the top of my head?

A Scanner Darkly
    The Big Hit
    Office Space
    Super Troopers
    Lost Horizon (1937)
    Dr. Strangelove

I can continue if you want
    i know a site that has most of those
    Yeah but I'm nicer.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Hahah. I presume, DV8type, that that site you refer to is the one you sponsor?

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quotes are getting too long so I won't bother.

@VillageShaman

I wasn't bitching about the sites. I think both ScT and FTN are great sources for new stuff and popular old stuff. I tried grabbing that 0 seeder version, which BTW is a good example of a 700MB rip when I prefer 1.4GB. I then found a 1.4GB version elsewhere and grabbed that instead.

Also I said most of the time. There are also instances where the better rip is at either one of those sites or even only on one of those sites.

Also you listed TL as a good source for high quality stuff. That's exactly what I did too so you proved my point. I like Nordic sites as well for releases. Not because I sub English movies, but when parts are foreign I prefer Danish subs rather than English. Just because that's what I got used to as a kid.

The reason I wrote that post was to disprove mievmo's theory, that just because he used to be a site collector, everybody else with above a certain number of sites is one too. I have turned down many invites for sites lately because I feel it takes up too much time to be active on every site.

Oh and feel free to PM me examples. I like checking out stuff that I might have missed before. Preferably not foreign though unless it's quite the gem, just English or nordic.

@DV8

I have to admit I haven't even checked for some of those releases. Next time I need to find something it will be on the list

@mievmo

Why not take your own advise
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 05-21-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    lol bigger epenis , i like that

i dunno
    Last edited by sploooshman; 05-21-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Staff, i think we had enough Accounts GA. it is time to make it as a rule.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast