Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leeching

Poster
    Originally posted by DavidPH55@13 August 2003 - 17:46
    anyways, as for the virus joke, ouch, thats seems a little too mean if you ask me... but uhh, i guess if you know a virus not protected by my antivirus program -name removed- then i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later but uhhh, as far as i know, this is the best there is out there so uhhh, good luck?
    It was no joke. Only foolish noobs post their email addresses on open boards. The viruses are dead serious and it doesn't matter what antivirus you have if you or someone else isn't very carefull opening mail.
    Not to mention all the spam and shit you're also likely to recieve now.
    Guess you aren't familiar with email harvestors and bots either?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    IamCool
    Originally posted by Hogster@13 August 2003 - 00:04
    First of all how do you know their a leech???

wheres the proof
    well put

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    well, as to the spam, im not too concerned, youd have to be pretty pissed off at me to really do something, as for the virus thing, i know viruses are no joke, sheesh, anyways, ive decided to give up, since people who dont share are just greedy bastards, so whats the point of trying to change their minds, its like the riaa only more annoying than dangerous, not like the riaa is really dangerous, anyways... i will always hope that there wont be a no share option, but oh well i guess those who dont share dont care... no point in talking sense to the senseless, but i will always hold this idea, people who dont share ruin p2p and are also complete idiots, with that i bid you farewell...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I leech. My ISP doesn't allow for me to upload.

Do what you want. I could care less what you think

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I don't think leeching always is bad. Think eMule. People open 3 connections to you at max speed and you are queued for days before even getting the very first byte. This makes my internet connection 100% unusable for anything, including getting any file. Also then I'm disconnected from the server within a minute or so.
    No way to disable it. I did it the hard way, by moving the files around.

I like the way K-lite does it though. You help just a bit, and with a million+ bits you have a lot of bytes .

Then again it really is my DSL, the upload is very very low, 6 kb/s and if I use all of it (by default in K-lite and no way to disable it in eMule) then I can't open ANY connection without a time-out.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    60% people don't share on kazaa.

I'm one of the 60%. And i say it proud. I will NOT get in trouble for my ISP (no, i don't mean RIAA) just because some person wants to download of me.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    hmm... p2p = sharing network

despite this ppl happily leech & do not share (B$ about being scared of ISP)

so

Leeching, Should it be allowed?

NO

~-- patience just takes practice --~

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    fechdog82
    hey if all you have available is 56k or in the case around where I am, LESS, MUCH LESS than 56k cause the phone lines SUCK, then if you open up your shares to everyone you'll never get the file you want for yourself. would you want to give up most of your bandwidth to like 10 other people trying to download from you and have a tv show or something big like that transfer at less than 1.0k/s? that'll take years!

hey, i can see if you got broadband (if it's even available to you) then yeah, you got the extra bandwidth to spare so you should share, but if you're barely alive as it is, lay off the people they're just trying to get their stuff without it taking years.

most of you guys are lucky. you can get broadband where you are, and afford it, over 75% of the country still uses 56k or less cause that's all there is. think about how we feel before you go slamming us for not sharing. I'm tired of hearing 56k is not an excuse. BULL$hit!

i couldn't care less about the RIAA or my ISP, it's a matter of available bandwidth to me. if i had a fast connection i'd be happy to share.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    its a problem to know who is leeching with the new privicy options but i find an IM clears up the situation, if i get no reply they get dumped, if they are polite enough to provide an exlanation then im happy for them to continue (ok maybe im too trusting).. as a little aside am i the only one who thinks it strange that the same companies (sony ect) who complain about loss of income but provide the equipment which allow people to burn cd's

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    leeching is bad mkay

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast