Thread: Speed problem with kimsufi.

n0_NaMe's Avatar Utorrent FTW! BT Rep: +4
    Ok, so I receltny got the basic kimsufi which I am running debian+wine+utorrent 1.7.7 When I start a torrent I can easily max out the down speed at 11MB/s but the upload speed is about 1MB/s or below.

When the torrent has finished downloading then the up speed will jump go to 9-10MB/s. Any suggestions on how I can get it to down and up at out 10/10 at the same time?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    u need to limit your download speed. I usually limit my download to half my upload speed. So for instance, on your box you should limit it to like 1.5-2mb/s. That way while your download your not using the full force of your box to download and getting very little upload. Also your box probably cant handle 10/10mb/s continuously.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I limited the download speed to 6mb/s, now the upload speed is at a constant 9-10mb/s. Thanks philly

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Well, thats because your 100/100 connection is shared. Both download and upload cannot be above 100Mbps, so if your downloading at 80Mbps, upload can only be 20Mbps. I would probably do as above, limit it to half, not sure about OVH's network or system, but I've done 11MB/s download and upload a few times...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by TidusBlade View Post
    Well, thats because your 100/100 connection is shared. Both download and upload cannot be above 100Mbps, so if your downloading at 80Mbps, upload can only be 20Mbps. I would probably do as above, limit it to half, not sure about OVH's network or system, but I've done 11MB/s download and upload a few times...
    What you're talking about only applies if you're using a half-duplex connection. It is like a 1% chance you'll have that when using a dedicated server. The rest of the time, your server is on a full duplex connection, which technically means that you can use 100mbit incoming and outgoing at the same time.

The reason that the OP is having issues is because the hard drive cannot keep up with all the I/O that is needing to be done. Tweaking the disk cache settings and limiting your download speeds are really the only things you can do to solve this issue.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Limiting the up speed has helped. I have just changed the disk cache settings to this so I will see how it goes.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by DVito View Post
    What you're talking about only applies if you're using a half-duplex connection.

yep everything you said is absolutely correct ... if the hardware was better it would be conceivable to achieve 100 up 100 down but that will never be the case with a basic kimsufi...

here is the dmesg line from my kimsufi that confirms its a FD 100/100

eth0: Media Link On 100mbps full-duplex

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Are you crazy hey man if cpu is over %35 they will get monitoring and format or finish your seedbox be

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by TidusBlade View Post
    its 100/100 thats mean : 100 for upload and 100 for download
    your max is :
    12.5mb/s download and in the same time 12.5mb/s upload (theory ofc , you need good PC and good stuff to do it )
    Last edited by predateur; 05-24-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    Vectoral FTW!