Thread: Seedbox: uTorrent closes if I close VNC Server

I have a problem:

uTorrent works fine, but only as long as the VNC Server on my seedbox is active. If I close the VNC Server on my seedbox and restart it, uTorrent (and Firefox and other programs too) is nowhere to be seen. But uTorrent should work even without the VNC Server, right?

Note: uTorrent works fine if I close only my VNC Client.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Once you have uTorrent in the system32 folder, and in vnc type "Wine utorrent.exe"

it should work no probs and stay working.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Ok, I copied utorrent.exe to the system32 folder and then ran it with "wine utorrent.exe", but then I kill and restart the VNC Server and login with VNC Viewer uTorrent is still nowhere to be seen. What's wrong? Maybe I installed Wine in the wrong folder? I followed NaQ's guide (apt-get vncserver wine etc..)
    Last edited by ablaze; 05-25-2008 at 08:39 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    What i do is start the vnc server first, connect with vnc viewer, then in the vnc type wine utorrent.exe then just disconnect from vnc viewer and you're all set. Not sure why you're stopping the vnc server...the server has to stay running

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Do you mean when you close the VNC window, utorrent dies or when you kill the vncserver itself?
    If it's the second, then that's normal, if it's the first, then you need to get VNC with resumable sessions... But why get Linux if your gonna use utorrent on it I'm pretty sure it runs better in Windows.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    uTorrent is program with GUI, if you close the GUI system, uTorrent closes too.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Thanks everyone, I thought something was wrong. Yes, uTorrent stays active if I close the VNC Client.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    But if u close VNC server, it shuts down.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    try start/stop service from your CMD.