Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Requirements for FTN

I don't understand the sheet talking about trackers. To each there own. Is it a site I want yeah, and I have seen that the best way that you get into any site is to just be helpful to others. All trackers pretty much seem to be a karma field. Do good unto others and it will be replied back to you....

Everyone starts small and eventually gets to where they are happy.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Be active on the trackers you have (forums and irc), make friends (dont just kiss ass...unless you are really good at it), and SEED. Once you meet someone that is in loop, invites come easy.

I made a ftn request a while back and had 2 people offer me invites because they recognized the avatar i was using. (I was using my tracker avatar here, but my name here isnt the same as my trackers)

Edit: Requesting probably isnt the answer for most. I did it knowing I would be recognized. I didnt want to just come out and ask my friends and I figured I (or my avatar) would be recognized.
    Last edited by That1Guy; 05-27-2008 at 08:46 PM.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    being part of a torrent community is like friends in real life. lets say there is a group of people who do a lot of fun events you want to hang out with. how do you get invited to their group events and acknowledged by them?
    There are many ways. You could:
    1) do something that catches some ones eyes in that community like having a gigabit seedbox, or some knowledge that makes you stand out.
    2) be nice and make a friend. the easiest way to get accepted into a group is just by making friends with 1 person. that one person can invite you to a group event and introduce you to everyone else.
    3) to fit in with a community you have to fit in. this includes having the same interests, morals, and so on. in other words 0 bt rep here is better than 100 bt rep. people don't like traders or people who invite random people they don't know. bt rep is very anti higher level sites.
    4) be active in communities that people in the community you want to be part of hang out at a lot. me personally, i am on revolt, rabbit, fsc(not so much these days), and ftn mainly when I chat on the forums or IRC to talk with people. i rarely stray away on to other sites. find what sights ftn members are on a lot and aim to get to know them through that tracker.
    5) look good. have a good ratio on sites, have a lot of solid informative and not +1 posts. look like a decent person in general.

i can go on. torrent sites are nothing but private communities and the rules are the same when it comes to all private communities bit torrent or not.

hopefully i've helped.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    One more thing. Be yourself and not what you think everyone wants you to be. If not, you end up looking like a kiss ass and probably won't get anywhere.

Another good reason for being yourself is that you will actually like it once you get there, because of this same reason. Even if yourself is obnoxious, arrogant etc. at least you will be respected like an original instead of someone trying to be like everyone else.

I see far too much ass kissing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If there is another thread to make Brandon laugh and you get lucky and actually do make him laugh you may be able to get in.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    After going tru all these replies. Only one point gets highlited.."MAKE FRIENDS".
    Yes very much correct and was able to into few trackers and seedboxes considering only that factor- isnt it obselete when we consider a tracker like FTN !!.
    I mean for a tracker in which only admins or mods can invite !
    And the second one "be helpful" - Yes .. again i ask the same , how thsi will work for high level trackers !!.. Basically we have soem help requests .. most of them much easy ... Doest mean a person on highlevel tracker need help.. but are the chances are very rare?
    And the thrid one .. having good ratio on other trackers.. How can he/she publicaly expose this until and unless he go with a request? wre u have a very less chance .
    And like sgt told - "Spammign everythread will make u famous"- so the luck factor comes here .
    i can say "YES" st away for soem other trackers- considering above all... but FTN !!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    bunny's part 1 thats how i become bit famous on few trackers and now that name do stand out
    if you know my tracker name you know am 1 crazy uploader lmfao

well ftn stoped invites atm only staff can give invites out so make staff friends they can get you into the tracker
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 05-28-2008 at 12:16 PM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    you have to be retarded.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by jam0980tr View Post
    well ftn stoped invites atm only staff can give invites out so make staff friends they can get you into the tracker
    Is that sound little funny .. am not sure about the possibility

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Write I Heart FTN on your girlfriends tits, then send that pic to me and Brandon. Only way to get in. (only consider doing this if your g/f is hot)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast