Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDbits account disabled: Anyone have staff email?

TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Instead of donating, get a seedbox
    Anyways, you can query one of their staff on P2P-Network IRC since the HDBits channel is over there, if you remember any staff.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I don't really know what a seedbox is but I'll look into them for sure if I get my account back. I was so close to getting the donation completed, I was already talking to the guy in charge of donations and he was giving me the "ok"

I'm sure if I could just get into contact with the staff there and tell them I still want to donate the money they'd reactivate my account.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    still can't get the point, why download the amount that can get you in trouble? why not take care of your upload initially?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    There's nothing wrong with paying for upload when there's no other option for where you live...
    I guess I should have donated earlier to avoid all this and if I could I would. I just want to fix this and get my account back

Paying $100 for more downloads is still a TON cheaper than buying the movies/tvshows individually.

Raban: I received two emails notifying me. One at 2 weeks and another at 1 week. After that my account was disabled. Again I guess I should have donated earlier but I assumed donating wouldn't be such a tedious process.
    Last edited by bongopukerat; 05-31-2008 at 08:04 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    still can't get the point, why download the amount that can get you in trouble? why not take care of your upload initially?
    yes i think this is a good question also why continue downloading massive amounts once your ratio fell below 0.45

he brought it all the way down to 0.23 and finally they had enough and gave him the boot....

although i'm sure if you start waving hundreds dollar bills they will prob re-instate your account LULZ

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Gtb's Avatar n00b with two stars BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I think that he tried to download as much as he couls in the two weeks that he had to fix his ratio. After that, he was planning to donate to fix it, so at least he could have abused it!

But, time was faster than him

Anyway good luck getting it back, and try next time to be more careful

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtb View Post
    I think that he tried to download as much as he couls in the two weeks that he had to fix his ratio. After that, he was planning to donate to fix it, so at least he could have abused it!

But, time was faster than him

Anyway good luck getting it back, and try next time to be more careful
    I went from downloading at 150kb/s to being able to download 1000kb/s. And I got hooked on Lost and Battlestar
    My ratio was about .4x when I got the new internet so I got the warning email within a week of downloading. That's when I pretty much realized that I'd having to buy my ratio for the rest of my time spent at HDbits and I was very ok with that, which is why I didn't stop downloading after I got the warning...which is also why my ratio is so dang low AND why I was asking if I could donate $100 instead of the listed $10,25,50,etc.

Raban: That's pretty much what I'm hoping for; if they see that I still want to donate $100 then it seems like they'd rather take me up on that deal then just leave my account disabled...

I don't think they were just waiting for a good reason to boot me since the guy in charge of donations saw my ratio too, and still approved the donation, but forgot to give me the email.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I opened up Utorrent and all my movies were uploading. Went to HDbits and sure enough my account had been reactivated and there was a PM waiting from the donations guy. I feel whole again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12