Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDbits account disabled: Anyone have staff email?

I was trying to donate money to HDbits for about a week and a half. Whoever is in charge of donations apparently doesn't work very fast so my account got disabled while waiting; now I have no way of logging into the site to even talk to a staff member to try and fix the problem.

Can anyone help me out by giving me a staff email or PMing the donations guy in charge or helping me get into the IRC channel?

hdbits username: Bongopukerat
    email: bongopukerat at gmail.com
    Last edited by bongopukerat; 05-31-2008 at 02:35 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Erm..

I would remove that email..

I don't know if there is A Community rep from HDBits here or not but you should probably check..

Also,I think they banned a country's ip although I can't remember which one..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Nope, he is from USA.

I think you have been banned because of poor ratio. More than 600gb downloaded and only 100+ gb uploaded with ratio less than 0.3

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    "In slightly related news, can you please stop asking us why people have been disabled. They cheated, or got disabled for some other reason that we're not going to reverse .. so stop it !"

Yeah I know why I was disabled but that's why I was trying to donate money. They give a 2 week notice when your ratio drops and then a 1 week notice again before you get disabled.

I was trying to donate money a couple days after the TWO week notification. Donating money should only be a 3-4 day process MAXIMUM. I should have had PLENTY of time to get the money donated and my upload fixed but whoever is in charge of donations took too long to get back to me.

I emailed him once asking if I could donate $100 and how much upload I would receive for it. He said that'd be fine and then asked if I already sent the money. I told him "no, I was waiting for the paypal email I'm supposed to send it to."

I honestly bet that if I was able to log in right now there'd be an email from him telling me the paypal address to send the money and then everything would be fixed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Ouch..

If this is true then You really need to watch those ratio's bud..

That's really overboard..

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    That is crazy amount downloaded with only a fraction of it upped back. I think that HDbits is a shit site since they make you download a certain amount each month to keep your account active. But if this was the case, I can see that the disabling was fair.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I tried replying to this thread but nothing showed up so here goes again...

HDbits gives you a 2 week warning and then a one week warning PM when your ratio drops down. A donation should only take 3-4 days MAX. I messaged the guy in charge of donations a couple days after the first 2 week warning asking if I could donate $100 (since the donations page only goes up to $50). He said that would be fine and then he asked if I had already sent the money. I replied saying that I hadn't
    because I wasn't sure what paypal email to send it to.

I'm pretty sure if I was able to log on there would be a message waiting for me from this guy telling me where to send the money. I'm not like all the other people who got disabled for cheating/inactivity. This should have been a done deal but the guy in charge of donations takes FOREVER to respond. I was pretty much already approved for the donations though, which would have saved my account.

I recently got 8MB cable so I download at about 1000kb/s and upload at 50kb/s....I pretty much accepted the fact that I'd be having to buy my ratio but it's still well worth it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Gtb's Avatar n00b with two stars BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by bongopukerat View Post
    I tried replying to this thread but nothing showed up so here goes again...

HDbits gives you a 2 week warning and then a one week warning PM when your ratio drops down. A donation should only take 3-4 days MAX. I messaged the guy in charge of donations a couple days after the first 2 week warning asking if I could donate $100 (since the donations page only goes up to $50). He said that would be fine and then he asked if I had already sent the money. I replied saying that I hadn't
    because I wasn't sure what paypal email to send it to.

I'm pretty sure if I was able to log on there would be a message waiting for me from this guy telling me where to send the money. I'm not like all the other people who got disabled for cheating/inactivity. This should have been a done deal but the guy in charge of donations takes FOREVER to respond. I was pretty much already approved for the donations though, which would have saved my account.

I recently got 8MB cable so I download at about 1000kb/s and upload at 50kb/s....I pretty much accepted the fact that I'd be having to buy my ratio but it's still well worth it.
    With 100$ you can buy a seedbox for a couple of months, and buffer your account. then you dont have to worry a lot for your ratio, as long as you follow the rules for seeding there (time etc)

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    sounds like you waited until the last minute to consider donating ... maybe thats why he didn't respond cause he didn't want you as a member anymore. ...

also the FAQ seems to indicate you had much longer to correct the situation ...

Users with a ratio below .45 & who downloaded more than 10 GB for 1 week (7 days) will be warned to correct their ratio. They will be able to leech 2 torrents. If they don't fix their ratio after 2 weeks they will be automatically demoted to upscale and limited to 2 torrents max. Upscales will have 2 weeks to increase their ratio or their account will be disabled.

from what that says once your ratio hit .45 you had 5 weeks to get your ratio straightened out . .. . . .. . . .. thats an insane amount of time !

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Keep your $100 and buy some clothes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast