Thread: hosting-ie, setup problems, slow upload...

Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Hello,

I just picked up a hosting-ie.com Raptor 5. They actually set it up for me in the first 24 hours which was excellent. I then proceeded to use Fatcats guide (Thanks Fatcat!) and set the settings accordingly. I'm running utorrent(1.7.7) I've encountered a lot of problems regarding disk overload. I was able to control them by using as smaller cache as recommended by fatcat but can't download any torrents over 3gbs as it becomes a disk overload nightmare.

So my problem is it doesn't seem to want to upload and download at the same time. I'll get good download speed and no upload or one torrent will be uploading and drop to zero when I start another torrent. Sometimes I'll have 2 or 3 torrents downloading with no uploading, then one will start uploading and they will all follow suit kinda like a switch had been flipped..

Sorry about the sketchy description. Any theories from the seedbox gurus out there?

Is it a bad server.. Or more likely pilot error(me)??

Thanks,
    Wankady

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    More a case of high expectations and running before you can actually walk.

For starters it's a shared box, so you need to limit your torrenting to downloading 1 at a time if it's fast download, or about 3mb/s (about one third of your theoretical maximum), don't forget 3 or 4 others will be trying to do the same as you at the same time!

Seeding back when finished downloading is where you will find the most benefits of a VPS, so you have to find the right balance that suits your needs and suits your box, trial & error method is the best advice that can be given.

Slow down, don't rush it, learn to figure out what is best for your torrenting needs and patience, you have 3 months of torrenting to do on the box, no need to do it all in one day!
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks Sarge!

I guess it's more a case of me needing to let the box do it's thing rather than constantly tweaking it and overloading it. Makes sense.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    hyenZ's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    sorry for a stupid question xd, but i just started using seedbox so...have one question
    I have vectoral zephyr and it's pretty good...
    When I connect to a server and start a torrent as soon as I log off it stops downloading/uploading...Is this normal or there is something to do about it?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thats not a stupid question.... but hijacking my thread is stupid.

Just kidding. Good luck.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    hyenZ's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    xD, soz, didn't want to open another topic just for a stupid question so I posted it here..
    But ye anways...I've found out what I need :X