Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound Card

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Hi jsut downlaoded cakewalk and my audio always drops out on it so it looks like my soundcard is shit so i need a new one

what do you guys reccomend??

I need it to use cakewalk oviosly for home studio

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Creative Labs

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    if u dont have deep pockets Hercules is also pretty decent

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ex-member
    Two words: Creative Labs.

Budget: go for a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 - good performance, eax support, etc. and very cheap.

Standard: Go for the SoundBlaster Audigy 2, which is sweeeeeeeeeeeet (I have one ).

Power performance: SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum - professional quality sound card with all the bells and whistles, but not cheap.

Creative also do a good range of speakers, called the 'Inspire' series; they come in 2, 2.1, 4.1, 5.1 and 6.1 sets, and are very good value for money.
    I have the 4.1 set and it is fantastic - the bass is incredible for a £35 set of speakers. :-)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    if you're in the market for a motherboard upgrade as well, a Nvidia Nforce 2 comes with onboard sound which is said by reviewers to be nearly on par with Creative Audigys.

so, for less than the price of an Audigy 2, you'd get a decent "soundcard" with a free motherboard attached to it.

i also hear that Hercules Fortissimo III is not too shabby.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    yeh agree soundblaster audigy cards are the about the best you can get and also as previous post said hercules cards are V good value high spec cards, if you on a budget go for hercules, also have you tried just updating the driver for your present card?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    5 words - "stay away from creative labs"

I've nothing but bad sound, distortion etc from their cards, if you can get a TerraTec any of their cards are good, or any VideoLogic card.

As for speakers I can only say to stay away from any "PC speakers", a cheap amp and speaker set will provide much greater sound

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Luca_Snipes@14 August 2003 - 12:00
    5 words - "stay away from creative labs"
    no consumer-level soundcard is really any good for professional audio recording/playback. creative, nvidia, hercules, etc are all fine for playing mp3s and video games, but if you want professional performance, you have to buy professional equipment.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    same price as a better soundblastercard : read the features on this nice site

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I use a Hercules Fortissimo III. I've had nothing but sweet, crisp, and clean surround sound out of this baby...

Go here for a good look at it:
    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/hercul...s-fortissimo71/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast