Thread: OVH Questions

Bips's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    How many torrents will I be able to run on 1gig of RAM?
    And, what OS should I go with, considering I have no experience with setting these kind of things up.
    And, Id be using torrentflux, right?

Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    I've successfully ran around 250 torrents during Waffles freeleech so you can say it was quite busy on 1 GB RAM It works well, only problem is when I tried to download something big, like 8GB or so, it wouldn't go above 2MB/s because so much RAM is already being used.
    Anyways, I would recommend you try out a Linux distro of your choice + rTorrent, I find it the most efficient and you can even patch rtorrent to make it more friendly looking with 200+ torrents But if you want, you can try out Windows or torrentflux, OVH reinstalls are usually really quick.

If your interested in trying out something Linux, you can always PM me, especially since you have to setup torrentflux yourself

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    once in a while on a huge file [10gb+] it will say error:To many Files
    i like skittles.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    im running about 30 or so, speeds are still excellent-but i would recommend using linux
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by jukesta View Post
    once in a while on a huge file [10gb+] it will say error:To many Files
    Just curious how many files? Cause once I downloaded a torrent with around 1300 files successfully with no error, and I've done 46GB torrents too...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I've downloaded a torrent with over 2,000 files on 256 ram kimsufi no problem.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Remember that not allthose torrents will actually be active. While they do take up a bit of memory just sitting there waiting to become active, it's nothing major.
    See ya in another life, brother.