Thread: Newbie - Need help.

hello
    I'm new in the Newsgroup "scene" and I haven't any expierence.
    Is newsgroup free or must I pay?

I rode some threads but I have some questions yet.

1) How is newzleecher working? I must add links from newzgroup sites or a spiezial newzleecher file? like .nwz ?
    I mean on bittorrent you must add the file .torrent
    and on rapidshare you must add links.

so what you must add on newzlecher?

2) Can I use this progg on every newzgroup site?

3) which newzgroup site is very great for music? (fast pre times)
    and I need a german newzgroup for scene movies- would be cool if someone can give me great sites.

thank you

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Don[R]edHardy View Post
    hello
    I'm new in the Newsgroup "scene" and I haven't any expierence.
    Is newsgroup free or must I pay?

I rode some threads but I have some questions yet.

1) How is newzleecher working? I must add links from newzgroup sites or a spiezial newzleecher file? like .nwz ?
    I mean on bittorrent you must add the file .torrent
    and on rapidshare you must add links.

so what you must add on newzlecher?

2) Can I use this progg on every newzgroup site?

3) which newzgroup site is very great for music? (fast pre times)
    and I need a german newzgroup for scene movies- would be cool if someone can give me great sites.

thank you
    1. .NZB File. You were close.
    You can get them inn our NZB section or on sites like binsearch, newzleech, etc. or use supersearch in newsleecher if you pay for it.

2. What "progg"? Newsleecher? It's probably on newsgroups.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Yeah, usually you just click the NZB link and the file will automatically open in your newsreader and start downloading(works just like torrents and uTorrent does). Alternatively, you can save the NZB to your desktop then drag and drop it into your newsreader.

Yeah, NewsLeecher will work with any NZB indexing site(NZB indexing sites are FST, Newzleech, Merlin's Poral, NZBsRus, etc,).

I'm not exactly sure. Most indexing sites have everything. I usually go to Newzleech.com, and just type in the name of the artist or the album that you want. Then a bunch of files will pop up that you can choose from

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Thank you for this informations.
    But must I pay for leeching? Or only on some Sites? I'm not sure.
    and
    How works it? I leech from a server (like rapidshare) or from a other guy (p2p)?

Have someone a private NZB Site for music with fast pretimes or a private NZB Site for german movies with fast pretimes for me? And could invite me to this site?

Would be cool if someone can say me that.
    Thank you.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Don[R]edHardy View Post
    But must I pay for leeching?
    You have to pay for premium usenet providers like giganews, if you want to use them.

But perhaps your Internet Service Provider offers a free newsserver carrying binaries,
    which would mean you can freely leech right from your network.

T-Online has a free server for example.
    Unfortunately, most other german providers do not offer a news server.

How does it work?
    You always leech directly off some server. There are many of them, and they synchronize data from each other.
    So if a file gets posted on one of them, they should soon all have the file.

Newsgroups were originally designed to discuss with other people. There were different groups, like forums, and you were able to post articles in them. For exchanging files, you first split your file into many articles, which are then sent to the usenet. One can then download the articles and reconstruct the original file.
    NZB files make this process easier, they contain information about which articles you need.