Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tpb is safer than your mom

nixonsparanoia's Avatar Poster
    "avoid private sites which deal in what could be called ‘mainstream’ material, better known as ‘scene releases’..bla bla...Put another way, you could be one of up to 20 million that use the PirateBay, or you are one of 40,000 that use SceneTorrents..bla bla bla..private site has your activities stored..bla"

hxxp://torrentfreak.com/understanding-copyright-enforcement-080514/

so who thinks this is bad advice?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    tpb has shit speeds. also i havn't heard of a user on a private tracker getting sued although people from tpb have been. I could be missing some facts though as i don't follow btt news too closely

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i'm not sure if it's bad advice or not. you can make the case both for and against it.

it's true that more people will download from tpb. but at the same time, it would be a lot easier for anti piracy people to get your ip from the pirate bay than a private site.

it requires a bit of effort to gain access to a private site. especially the higher levels, so it might make more sense for anti piracy groups to bust people from public sites, since they can get a swarm of people all at once.

in the end, they're business people, and the more people they can extract money from, the better it is for them. it's no secret that the riaa and mpaa could care less about the actual art. it's all about money.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Far less than 5 % of those who dl torrents do so from private sites; the huge majority use public trackers. I still use TPB and love it.

That advice do not make sense to me.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Not bad advice i use btjunkie-mininova-tpb- sometimes, but read their forums-see the ISP letter posts and other public tracks also! A great amount of content but no community really. That is what makes a site-community! Plus depends on your ISP.
    Last edited by pone44; 05-19-2008 at 04:15 AM. Reason: IDK? Lol

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Overall the analysis is pretty on point, if a bit obvious to myself. Aside from that, I don't think he's even on SCT because his numbers are off, so I question whether he is really aware of the security benefits or any of the realities of smaller, better private trackers.

I, for one, still think it is safer to use a good private tracker.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lol i took a 2 month temp job working for my ISP. and i found out they don't monitor torrenting. so it don't matter.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    [quote=nixonsparanoia;2831562]"...private site has your activities stored..bla"
    quote]

Thats why all of us Oink members got sued when oink was busted right?
    riiiight....

Sounds like crap to me.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    [quote=Tokeman;2832070]
    Quote Originally Posted by nixonsparanoia View Post
    "...private site has your activities stored..bla"
    quote]

Thats why all of us Oink members got sued when oink was busted right?
    riiiight....

Sounds like crap to me.
    All ex-Oinkers post from prison, n00b.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Use TPB and my mum will shoot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast