Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: oh crap! - Bystanders Ignore Hit-and-Run Victim

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    'Western Society' does not refer exclusively to the US. It refers to the British as well. You remember us? We're that little island off the coast of Europe that looks like a lady wearing a dress.

Fuckwits.

And yes, it is a disgrace that anyone would walk past anyone in need of help, let alone stand and take photographs of them.
    A little smaller than some of the ladies I was left with when I was younger.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    First I was going to say something like considering the part of Hartford in which the accident took place it was fortunate that no one tried to steal his wallet as well,but I thought that I would post this instead.

Two Chicoans being considered for heroism award

CHICO — Two people who helped rescue a driver from his overturned fuel tanker truck have been placed in nomination for prestigious Carnegie medals for heroism. California Highway Patrol officer Justin Maxey said the Pittsburgh, Pa.-based Carnegie Hero Fund Commission contacted him after reading about the recent actions of Dan Zapeda, Karrie Alexander both of Chico.
    On March 26, Zapeda and Alexander were traveling in separate vehicles on Highway 99 at the Skyway exit when they saw a fuel tanker truck overturn on an onramp, trapping the driver inside.
    Alexander stopped to help, despite having her young daughter in her vehicle, and began kicking out a front window in the cab of the truck.
    Zapeda said he climbed onto the passenger side door of the cab, was able to open it, and pulled driver Nathaniel Lawson, 57, out through the opening.
    All three immediately scrambled away from the tanker truck, which had just taken on 7,400 gallons of diesel fuel, and was also carrying gasoline.
    Zapeda and Alexander said the driver was motioning them to get away from the truck, but he was injured and they felt he would remain trapped in the cab without their help.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    "City officials later acknowledged that police received four 911 calls immediately after the incident, and release portions of two calls on Friday."

I would of called 9-1-1, but I don't think I would of tried to move the guy for fear that I would cause more damage.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    'Western Society' does not refer exclusively to the US. It refers to the British as well. You remember us? We're that little island off the coast of Europe that looks like a lady wearing a dress.

Fuckwits.

And yes, it is a disgrace that anyone would walk past anyone in need of help, let alone stand and take photographs of them.
    That^

Actually, I'm pretty sure it could include a fair chunk out of the rest of Europe as well.

Last I checked it tended to include my country.

EDit: I've never, ever heard of anyone using it to refer only to the U.S. before. That's a new one.
    EDit: Heck, it generally includes Australia and New Zealand.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-07-2008 at 01:00 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

Fuckwits.

A little smaller than some of the ladies I was left with when I was younger.
    So now British women are fat eh?

Yeah, we are quite fat . And ugly...don't forget ugly!

6. Lounge   -   #26
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    french women never gets fat

i wonder why

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post

Fuckwits.

That^

Actually, I'm pretty sure it could include a fair chunk out of the rest of Europe as well.

EDit: I've never, ever heard of anyone using it to refer only to the U.S. before. That's a new one.
    You know what, I was going to do a list but then I realised I couldn't really include Europe because they'll let anyone in these days. And then I thought Australia and New Zealand are kind of East more than West in geographical terms and I wasn't sure if that was meant to be a component of the definition.

When unsure keep it brief, that's my motto

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Whatever problems he may have, empathy is certainly not amongst them.
    I never realised empathy was a problem. Thanks for the clarification

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I've always heard that the western world = U.S.A.

Monroe Doctrine, bitches Stay the fuck out of the Western hemisphere.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post

That^

You know what, I was going to do a list but then I realised I couldn't really include Europe because they'll let anyone in these days. And then I thought Australia and New Zealand are kind of East more than West in geographical terms and I wasn't sure if that was meant to be a component of the definition.

When unsure keep it brief, that's my motto
    Wikipedia says it can include any country with a culture inheriting from europe, or something.

So we should prolly toss in Israel and other riff raff like that, as well.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast