Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: oh crap! - Bystanders Ignore Hit-and-Run Victim

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Moral support is fine, but life-support would have been more appropriate, Shirley.
    Now go away.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Moral support is fine, but life-support would have been more appropriate, Shirley.
    To be fair I tend to leave that stuff at home.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

A bit of magic football injury spray is all you need. Like the physios.
    Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post

A bit of magic football injury spray is all you need. Like the physios.
    That stuff only works on girly poofs (apparently)
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If you look closely you can see that they've written "Iraq" on Australia on one of the maps, it's still pretty damned epic that they are falling for it, though.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    He didn't say it only refers to the USA; he said it commonly refers to the USA.

I'm not sure I would agree with that but I would say that we seem to be a larger subject than, say the UK when topics arise involving "western world" subject matter. That could just be due to our size, our influence (good or bad), or in the case of this auto-ped incident, it just seemed to be who the comment was directed at due to the location of the original story matter.

I don't discount UK(ians? ) folks or Canadians when I think of the western world. I usually don't envision South America though. Regardless of their location on the globe, they hardly live the same lifestyle.
    To be honest, this whole argument feels as below me as discussing how the Earth could possibly be round, and why.

Radio edit:

-bd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 06-08-2008 at 08:04 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    He didn't say it only refers to the USA; he said it commonly refers to the USA.

I'm not sure I would agree with that but I would say that we seem to be a larger subject than, say the UK when topics arise involving "western world" subject matter. That could just be due to our size, our influence (good or bad), or in the case of this auto-ped incident, it just seemed to be who the comment was directed at due to the location of the original story matter.

I don't discount UK(ians? ) folks or Canadians when I think of the western world. I usually don't envision South America though. Regardless of their location on the globe, they hardly live the same lifestyle.
    To be honest, this whole argument feels as below me as discussing how the Earth could possibly be round, and why.

I've always been unconvinced by the US-bashing I hear all the time in the UK liberal media, but threads like this do you no favours.
    I agree. I'm quite embarrassed (for some of my fellow countrymen). Shame on you, Harry. You're a history major. Shirley, you should know where history has laid her head.

-bd

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by callum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Where are you from may I ask??
    I thought I was from the western world, now I'm not so sure.

If the western world is the usa and the usa only, why the fuck would someone bother to call it the western world, surely it's easier just to say the usa. It makes no sense at all. The term western culture makes even less sense then as well like.
    Are you paying attention? I never said it refers to USA alone, but from what I have seen/heard it usually means the USA. Now you still failed to answer the question where are you from. If it makes sense or not it is still the term used.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    I agree. I'm quite embarrassed (for some of my fellow countrymen). Shame on you, Harry. You're a history major.

-bd
    yea ur right. there's one little bitty chunk of europe in the west.

I'm totally not ashamed tho'.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 06-08-2008 at 09:59 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    it's history and american studies, btw.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast