Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I use my account in both my homes?

Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    So I live in two homes five days of the week I live in one house and the other 2 I am at my second house(my parents aren't divorced it's a long story).
    Here's the catch the house that I stay at during the weekends has a faster internet connection then where I am during the week, I was wondering if i could get banned for using my account from both houses at the same time. For example i am uploading files an my faster internet connection while d/l stuff and uploading them an my second internet connection? I haven't done this yet because i don't want to get banned of course but i was wondering if this is possible or would i have to ask for an exception of some sort from the trackers i am part of thx

Totti

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    If one was a seedbox then maybe there would be no problem otherwise you'd have to ask first.And whatever you do just make sure your weekday wifey doesn't find out about that other family more so if they are mexican lol.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    It should be perfectly fine, no matter which tracker, to simply log in from both trackers. For DLing, it really depends on the tracker. Some trackers allow you to seed/dl from up to 5 locations at once, some only allow from one location at a time. It really depends on the tracker, so you should look at their rules/FAQ or contact their FLS and ask.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    State that in your profile and it wont be a problem.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    If one was a seedbox then maybe there would be no problem otherwise you'd have to ask first.And whatever you do just make sure your weekday wifey doesn't find out about that other family more so if they are mexican lol.
    lol if only life could be like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    It should be perfectly fine, no matter which tracker, to simply log in from both trackers. For DLing, it really depends on the tracker. Some trackers allow you to seed/dl from up to 5 locations at once, some only allow from one location at a time. It really depends on the tracker, so you should look at their rules/FAQ or contact their FLS and ask.
    Thx i'll check it out on my trackers

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I think you have to pm a mod at the tracker ..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    State that in your profile info, plus don't leech from 2 different IPs and nothing should happen to you, unless they are really picky. But, yet, you can seed from 2 different IPs.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    State that in your profile info, plus don't leech from 2 different IPs and nothing should happen to you, unless they are really picky. But, yet, you can seed from 2 different IPs.
    That's what i wanted to know thx m8

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    State that in your profile and it wont be a problem.
    Do this and you should be fine.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I've got 2 houses (same city, different ISPs) and never had a problem on any tracker.
    Last edited by Rigel9; 11-15-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    feels good, man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast