Thread: forcing a torrent

Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    what does it mean? what is the difference between forcing and not forcing?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Depends on your settings, but if you have a lot of torrents or you have seeded above your normal ratio settings in your client, then the torrent can become "queued" to seed, but if you force start it tells the client to override your normal settings.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    thanks for the info.

I have a differnt question: I have some speed problems, some minutes ago i tried to download a torrent but it was terribly slow(10 kb/s) and now it downloding at full speed, someone have an answer?
    same torrent same amount of seeders and leechers, I cant explain it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It depends on how long your client takes to enter the swarm. And also depends on how many peers are seeding/connected to you.

AFA your previous question with the forcing, note that if you force a torrent to seed after it's been queued like Sgt said, it will take priority over even torrents that may be higher up in the queue list, priority-wise.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    So if you have max torrent downloads set to 5, but just snatched 10 torrents. The first 5 will start. Then if you force #9, it will start also?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    binocular's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    So if you have max torrent downloads set to 5, but just snatched 10 torrents. The first 5 will start. Then if you force #9, it will start also?

It should be like that, or try it urself to prove sth.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    slim it'll start but another will stop. Either that or it'll start and the other will continue too. Like binocular said, it's a question of giving it a whirl. I've never been one to limit # of torrents so I wouldn't be the right person to enlighten you there.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    It allows your connection to take what it wants by force.
    See ya in another life, brother.